online data use meter is junk
sixonetonoffun

4,763.597MB of 5120 MB Used
(4,877,923.328KB)

Estimate as of 09/08/10 1:56 AM   This estimate may not include usage outside your Local Calling Area, and may not take into account any promotional or bonus allowance you may have. Some calls and messaging may not contain a description (noted with dashes) because the specific usage type is not yet available. Cycle ends 10/09/10

As you can see the report is for last cycle not the new cycle. Funny virginmobile pay as you go service can be refreshed instantly yet verizon monthly gives inaccurate statistics. Intentional? Most likely in an effort to get users to go over their limit causing outrageous fee's to be generated.

Above shows stats given for one cycle and then at the end says "Cycle ends 10/09/10". Today is 09/10/10.

I find this to be misleading and to waive the accuracy using terms like estimate is simply unacceptable.  Verizon needs to fix this kind of misleading service soon. 

It truly appears to me this is being done deliberately. Prove me wrong Fix it!

"This estimate may not include usage outside your Local Calling Area, and may not take into account any promotional or bonus allowance you may have. Some calls and messaging may not contain a description (noted with dashes) because the specific usage type is not yet available.

0 Likes
Re: online data use meter is junk
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

sixonetonoffun wrote:

4,763.597MB of 5120 MB Used
(4,877,923.328KB)

Estimate as of 09/08/10 1:56 AM   This estimate may not include usage outside your Local Calling Area, and may not take into account any promotional or bonus allowance you may have. Some calls and messaging may not contain a description (noted with dashes) because the specific usage type is not yet available. Cycle ends 10/09/10

As you can see the report is for last cycle not the new cycle. Funny virginmobile pay as you go service can be refreshed instantly yet verizon monthly gives inaccurate statistics. Intentional? Most likely in an effort to get users to go over their limit causing outrageous fee's to be generated.

Above shows stats given for one cycle and then at the end says "Cycle ends 10/09/10". Today is 09/10/10.

I find this to be misleading and to waive the accuracy using terms like estimate is simply unacceptable.  Verizon needs to fix this kind of misleading service soon. 

It truly appears to me this is being done deliberately. Prove me wrong Fix it!

"This estimate may not include usage outside your Local Calling Area, and may not take into account any promotional or bonus allowance you may have. Some calls and messaging may not contain a description (noted with dashes) because the specific usage type is not yet available.

You do realize Verizon can have a 72 hour delay and in some cases 30-60 day delay.  Just the way the ball rolls

0 Likes
sixonetonoffun
techismylife Thanks for the acknowledgment. I'm just a little tired of the lack of services available. I'm told to use the web interface because no linux VZaccess manager is available for me. Then when it works not only on a delay but sends mixed results its a little much. I do monitor my use and have gone to Virgin to prevent overages. I saw the post regarding Virgin and would like to add that your absolutely correct. Service is much less consistent for me. But on the other hand it never goes over and it never cost me double my expected bill. I signed up for Verizon because we get a discount through work. Only to be told 3 months later the discount didn't apply to data plans. Its been small issues; but one after another. But with more and more competition hopefully Verizon will get the message. If not they will simply not get my money.
0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

sixonetonoffun wrote:
techismylife Thanks for the acknowledgment. I'm just a little tired of the lack of services available. I'm told to use the web interface because no linux VZaccess manager is available for me. Then when it works not only on a delay but sends mixed results its a little much. I do monitor my use and have gone to Virgin to prevent overages. I saw the post regarding Virgin and would like to add that your absolutely correct. Service is much less consistent for me. But on the other hand it never goes over and it never cost me double my expected bill. I signed up for Verizon because we get a discount through work. Only to be told 3 months later the discount didn't apply to data plans. Its been small issues; but one after another. But with more and more competition hopefully Verizon will get the message. If not they will simply not get my money.

Agree if it was not for the coverage area I would drop verizon in a heartbeat.  I only use them for data coverage, for cellphones I have Tmobile. 

Oh an if you curios as to the speed of tmobile when I tether my android phone to my computer it rocks however I cant tether it to my Cradlepoint Router.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/939688649.png

0 Likes