port is blocked
mtb_20814

I Use the MIFI2200 to connect to the Internet while away from the office. Haven't had a problem until now. When connecting to a work related https:// website it fails. The error message say that it failed because port 2429 is being blocked. I have disabled the local Windows XP firewall, so this is coming from the MIFI device. How do I get around this ?

0 Likes
Re: port is blocked
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try making a Firewall exception for VZ Access manager, and the ports in use.

To manually open a port, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click My Network Places.
  2. Under Network Tasks, click View Network Connections. (Or, right-click My Network Placeson the desktop, and then click Properties.)
  3. Right-click the connection that you use for the Internet, and then click Properties.
  4. Click the Advancedtab, and then click Settings.

NoteIf the Settingsbutton is unavailable, ICF is not enabled on this connection, and you do not have to open any ports (because they are all already open).
  5. Click Addto open a new port.
  6. In the Descriptionbox, type a friendly name. For example, type File Sharing : Port 445.
  7. In the Name or IP address of the computer hosting this service on your networkbox, type 127.0.0.1.

NoteYou can specify the IP address of an internal computer. But you typically will use 127.0.0.1.
  8. In the External portand Internal portboxes, type the port number. Generally, this number is the same.
  9. Click either TCPor UDP, and then click OK.
  10. Repeat steps 1 through 9 for each port that you want to open.
Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for more information.  

0 Likes
Re: port is blocked
dneuwir

I'm having the EXACT same issues with VZAccess manager running on a Dell notebook with a 5720 (internal) EVDO card.

Whenever I connect using VZAccess Manager, I can ONLY see basic web sites running on ports 80 or 443. ALL OTHER PORTS appear to be blocked. We run numerous corporate web sites (using ports 5555, 987, 444, 5722, and others) and we cannot connect to ANY of those sites while on the aircard. As soon as we disconnect from VZAccess, we can immediately see the sites again.

This is on a Windows 7 Pro x64 box, and I've reproduced the symptoms after disabling anti-virus and also the Windows 7 firewall, so it's definitely not a firewall blocking issue.

There's something Verizon Wireless (or VZAccess) is doing to port filter and it's interfering with our business. It is NOT this notebook (as everything works perfectly once we disconnect VZAccess and connect, for example, to a WiFi hot spot) nor Internet Explorer, as I'm able to reproduce the issue in IE, Firefox and even Telnet at the command prompt. Also, our VPN connector (just the standard Windows PPTP "create VPN connection") won't work.

It's as if all ports except 80 and 443 are blocked.

I spoke a half hour ago to a somewhat-inept-sounding VZW tech support rep who couldn't give me a straight answer about anything without putting me on hold and asking someone else, and who was convinced our corporate servers were to blame (despite that a number of other employees use these servers all day long and that they work perfectly well for EVERY other computer not using VZAccess and even work properly on my notebook once I disconnect) and for some odd reason, wanted to refer me to Dell (as if Dell would have any idea whatsoever about the inner workings of a VZ connector).

Abysmal live support there, Verizon.

If Verizon doesn't unlock this I'm going to have to cancel my account, as there's no sense paying $55 a month for a data connection I can't use for any day-to-day purposes (I don't surf the web--I just connect to our corporate sites--no VPN, CRM, Outlook, etc. equals not getting any work done equals time to cancel Verizon and move to a less prohibitive vendor).

0 Likes