question about powering the MiFi 2200...
fyvstrang

i have the unit, which i think is awesome, but have one question.  i use the unit at home for my wireless needs (desktop, laptop(s), tivo, wii) so i leave it plugged into power all of the time.  seeing that i leave this plugged in all day and night, i know that this constant charge is not good for the battery.  i have tried to remove the battery and plug the unit into power, both from the usb and the wall, and both ways, the unit doesnt seem to function all of the way.  in other words, it does work this way as local only, but it will not connect to the internet.

has anyone found a work around so the unit can be constantly plugged in, but not ruin a perfectly good battery?

0 Likes
Re: question about powering the MiFi 2200...
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1
Li-Ion batteries are very sensitive to overcharging, so the device must have a "smart" charger built in that will stop charging when the battery is full. So there should be no problem leaving it plugged in all the time if it is designed properly. As there is no warning in the manual against doing this it's safe to assume that it won't be harmed.
0 Likes
Re: question about powering the MiFi 2200...
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

there should be charging instructions on a black label right on the charger's cable.  Took me almost a day to notice it, after asking tech support questions about charging and they knew nothing.

The instruction label says to disconnect charger when charging is complete, a max of 2.25 to 2.5 hours.

0 Likes