"Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain."
Tomcat
Recently we have been receiving this message when trying to use broadband access PC cards or USB modems using VZ Access Manager. Nothing has changed on the laptops. I even went as far as rebuilding a laptop with XP service pack 3 with no patches and no other applications other than VZ Access Manager installed. Installed both CD version that came with the card and then uninstalled and loaded the latest version from the VZAM web site. Card brand doesn't matter. Still get the error even before adding it to our active directory domain. It appears to me this error is occuring due to something that occurred on the VZW network. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution. Tier 1 support was no help.
0 Likes
Re: "Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain."
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
Have you got in touch with VZW Technical Support? That is a pretty common error, might need something reset on the VZW side. Call them @ 1-866-221-4096
0 Likes
Re: "Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain."
ScienceDave

I found this thread while google searching for others with a similiar problem.  Since I didn't see any follow up posted here, I'll tell you how I solved it.

Go to http://vzam.net

On the left side, look for and click "Supported Devices"

Locate your device (in my case it was a UM175)

Download and install the firmware for your device.  Follow all prompts and accept all defaults.  Disconnect the device when it tells you, then reconnect when prompted.

If there are any new settings, you can go to Options/Run Wizard.  Afterwards, you can reconnect and if there isn't some physical hardware issue with your device, it should work find from this point going forward.

Hope this helps..

0 Likes
ggenov

Basic trouble shooting step from VZ Access program

1. click on tools

2. click on control panels

3. click on network and dial up connections

4. delete the VZW connection by right clicking and select delete

5. close window and run set up wizard under options

6. test again

0 Likes
wilson7800

I am getting the same error with my UM150VW USB wireless device.  I finally broke down and took it to the local Verizon store for help.  I figured it was some issue on their end as I had tested the device on different notebooks and received the same results.  They pulled out a sheet (that was clearly printed out from some web site) and executed some command lines on my notebook.  They wouldn't show me how the issue was resolved, but after seeing it worked again I didn't care as much.  Now I am getting the same problem again.  Likely after whatever they ran has been finally cleared from a cache somehwere. 

I tried the "activating your phone" approach as listed above, but get denied as it states this device has already been activated.

Any thoughts?  Shocked that the solution isn't somewhere on the internet...

0 Likes
ThatGuy1865

If you go to, tools => Preferences => Check box "Do not prompt for user name or password" => Click Ok

Try to reconnect.

Worked well for me.

0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe try to manually create a dial-up connection in XP and use it to connect.

Network Connections> New connection wizard

Connect to internet

Set up manually

dial-up modem

Name it whatever you like

Phone number is #777

The username is yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com

The password is vzw3g.com

This way, you are manually creating the connection and forcing it to use this username and password.

0 Likes