"you do not have sufficient privileges on this computer to create a wireless connection"
jefflaw

I have 5 Pantech PC5750 cards.  No problems with them when our company was running Windows XP.  But, now that we're using Vista, the only way to create a connection in VZAccess Manager is to logon to the computer with an account that has administrative privileges AND right click the VZAccess Manager icon, and choose "Run as administrator."  If I don't do BOTH of those, I receive "you do not have sufficient privileges on this computer to create a wireless connection" and no connection appears when VZAccess Manager opens.

I've spent hours trying different things, to include those below...all without luck.  All appropriate services are running, and I have the current version of VZAccess Manager software. 

1.  Added user to Power Users group

2.  Added user to the Network Configuration Operators group

3.  Gave user Full Control of Program Files\Verizon Wireless folder

4.  Enabled Internet Connection Sharing, and shared Verizon connection

I called Verizon Tech Support, but thaey said it's a Windows Vista issue.  There's nothing they can tell me to help.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
"you do not have sufficient privileges on this computer to create a wireless connection
angielee001
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  I am having the exact same problem.  You are able to create a connection with Admin rights but as soon as admin rights are taken away, the connection is no longer available. 
0 Likes