setup problem with PC770 2–in–1 Card and ExpressCard
Rujari

I recently purchased a PC770 2–in–1 PC Card/ExpressCard which has VZAccess Manager and the drivers loaded on the card so no CD is required.  VZAccess Mgr installs without a problem but my computer cannot find the software to work with the card.  I was of the understanding that the software was already loaded on the card and would install automatically during the setup process.  Verizon tech support thought the card might be bad so they sent me another which has the exact same problem.  I have the system requirements that are supposed to work with the card so I'm not sure what to do.  Is anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: setup problem with PC770 2–in–1 Card and ExpressCard
Not applicable

Are you sure you let the install program go through all the installs and did not cancel out of any?  I had a similiar problem when I first tried to install my USB760.  After the install program installed some of the included software, it returned to another install page.  I thought it was finished, so I cancelled out of the install program.  Finally, I figured out what I was doing wrong and reran the install program and gave it plenty of time to finish installing all the software and drivers, etc.

0 Likes
Rujari

Tried loading again just in case I wasn't allowing enough time to completely download and still no luck.  After VZAccess Mgr downloads the Found New Hardware Wizard opens to install Novatel Wireless CDMA which I assume is the PC770 card I am trying to install.  But when I allow my system to install, the wizard cannot find the software on my computer.  I am then prompted to connect and search for the required software on the internet, but I can't connect without having my new card installed and setup correctly.  Then I restore my system to use my old card and search for the software on the internet myself but can't find it anywhere.  If Verizon tech support can't figure it out and other users are having the same problem, I will probably have to send this thing back and get something else.  Don't really like the USB options so not sure what I'll do.  Not sure why Verizon sells this card though if they aren't able to support it.    

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well, the only other thing I can think of is to make sure you delete any and all files left over from previous attempts to install and try again.  If you're not able to get it to work, don't hesitate to swap it out for the USB760.  I originally didn't want USB either, but I'm pleased with it.  I bought a 5 foot USB extension cable if I need to plug in multiple USB devices and want to move the USB760 out of the way since my two USB ports are one on top of the other.  When I'm at home, I have the USB760 plugged into a CradlePoint wireless N router.  It works great.

0 Likes
Reeses

I have this same problem. I recently had to get my laptop fixed (new harddrive, diskdrive etc.) and when it was returned to me I had to reinstall most of the things onto it. First, my wireless connection is not working so I can't use that, and then, when I tried to install vzaccess, it says the software cannot be found on my computer. Like you, Rujari, the manager downloads fine, but the actual pc card just can't seem to find it's software anywhere.

The weirdest part is that before I got my computer fixed, my pc card was working fine. It also works fine on the other laptop my family owns, just not mine. I know it isn't the device because of this, but it also isn't my computer. I'm starting to think that maybe the installation that comes with the manager has lost something that it used to install? It's very frustrating! I wish I could use the internet on my laptop!

0 Likes