text messages on netbook
OtherJen

I have been using netbooks through Verizon for nearly 4 years.  I have never sent a text message or used text messaging service with my netbook.  Why would I; that is what my cellphone is for!  However, looking at my current month's usage yesterday I saw a charge for an incoming text message.  I am baffled and furious.  Is there a setting somewhere that I can set to block any text messages that try to come through?  I'm sorry to say it angers me to be charged for things that have not had my permission to come against my devices (such as unapproved/unauthorized downloads on my Droid).  I am ready to just turn everything in and be done with the frustration.  I appreciate any help or direction someone may be able to give.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text messages on netbook
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you received a charge for a text message on your Netbook OtherJen. The Netbook service is attached to a wireless phone number. If someone sends the number a text it may be received through our system in error. We can recognize the difference once we access your account. We can also block this feature on your line so that it never happens in the future. You can send us a private message or call us at 1-800-922-0204. You can also block messages online via My-Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can call CS and have texting blocked for that line of service. I assume this is a netbook with its own line of cellular service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you received a charge for a text message on your Netbook OtherJen. The Netbook service is attached to a wireless phone number. If someone sends the number a text it may be received through our system in error. We can recognize the difference once we access your account. We can also block this feature on your line so that it never happens in the future. You can send us a private message or call us at 1-800-922-0204. You can also block messages online via My-Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes