the external GPS is used only for 911 but the device will not op without it...this causes great inconvenience for me, having to run that cable to a window in the trwo houses I use it..ids there a way to disable the GPS if I do not care about the 911 funct
LJT001

the external GPS is used only for 911 but the device will not operate without it...this causes great inconvenience for me, having to run that cable to a window in the two houses I use it..is there a way to disable the GPS if I do not care about the 911 functionability..?  this is the only downside I have with the network extender and it renders my device useless..

0 Likes
Re: the external GPS is used only for 911 but the device will not op without it...this causes great inconvenience for me, having to run that cable to a window in the trwo houses I use it..ids there a way to disable the GPS if I do not care about the 911 f
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Nope, GPS is a Federal requirement for anything operating a cellular telephone signal.  You don't ever plan to call 911 until you are in an emergency.  I don't see that requirement changing any time soon.

If you are truly inconvenienced by the VZW network extender then perhaps you should disable you calling features in these areas and swap over to WiFi only.  There are many services and apps out there that can route your phone services through internet service providers.