update to vzaccess manager
berta

I received a msg. that there was an update for my vzaccess manager, so last night I downloaded the update and now I can't use my wifi connection for anything but a Verizon hotspot.  I don't know how to get back to the old version of vzaccess manager or change the settings on my computer so that I can use my computer at various hotspots without using the Verizon connection.

0 Likes
Re: update to vzaccess manager
Not applicable

Do you have Verizon mobile broadband?  You don't need any hotspots.  You should be able to connect via the Verizon broadband network through the closest cell tower.  Which Verizon device are you using?  You should be able to delete the device from device manager and delete the VZAccess software and then reinstall the Verizon device using the original software.

0 Likes
berta

Yes, I have Verizon broadband and am using a usb device UM175 which is what I use to connect when I'm home.  But, sometimes I go places where they have wifi hotspots and I don't want to take my device with me.  Prior to the VZaccess update I was able to see other connection possibilities.  Now I can't even find those hotspots that are available (like hotel and resaraunts).  Sorry, I'm challenged when it comes to computer settings.  I have a wireless card built into my computer. (not Verizon)

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe you accidently turned off your internal wifi internet adapter.  With my Dell laptop, Fn F2 toggles the internal adapter on and off.

0 Likes
hosno

I had the same problem and spent a good amount of time on the internet to see how to fix it and finally I fixed it back to what was prior to the update (I use window vista). Here is what I did to fix the problem. I used the restore option in window vista to restore it prior to the date the update was made. To do this properly, you need to turn on the computer in the SAFE MODE. Otherwise, the restore will not be successful. After you turn on the computer in the safe mode, go to the restore window, choose a different restore point option. You will see a list of items that were changed. For the update on Verizon, I had 7 updates. You need to choose the one prior to these 7 updates. For example, if you updated VZaccess on 12/30/2009 and prior to that there was an update of 12/28/2009, choose the 12/28/2009.  This should return your computer to prior to update and everything should be the same as what it was before.

0 Likes
gpenn

Same problem.  After downloading the software update, the computer no longer would detect wifi hotspots or make a connection other than with the USB modem.  After a lot of frustration trying to get it to work, I finally just removed the updated software and reinstalled the original program that came with the device (purchased in May, 2009).  Everything seems fine now.  It was as if the update had "taken over" the computer's wifi capability in an effort to get users to use the Verizon hotspots (the list of which I was always being asked if I wanted to update).  I could be wrong.

0 Likes