why isn't the mifi internet unlimited?
ganny

I bought the mifi may 28th 2011. I have gone over my limit.. that is what a message said on my cell phone.. limit? I didn't think there was a limit. I have always been with at&t and there isn't a limit. So how do I get more time? Or should I just go back to at&t?

0 Likes
Re: why isn't the mifi internet unlimited?
partyrocktech

The new data plans for both ATT and Verizon have limited "buckets" of data. Once you hit the limit, usually they will tack on a certain charge for X amount of data. How much extra data and what you get charged for should be in the contract or on your account information on the website. 

P.S. almost all of the companies are trying to do away with unlimited everything. I think T-Mobile is the last one with unlimited. Sprint is trying to roll out a limited data "bucket".

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Actually all carriers are now on a caped mobile broadband plan, and from what I have researched, Verizon actually has the cheapest packages. What package do you have the $50 5GB package or the $80 10GB dat package, if you are at the $80 10GB data package, there isn't a way you can go up, it will just be $20 per 1GB you go over. If you are on the $50 5GB data package, just up to the 10GB data package and keep an eye on your usage amount each month.

Don't do alot of video or music streaming because that will eat you data usage up.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

ganny wrote:

I bought the mifi may 28th 2011. I have gone over my limit.. that is what a message said on my cell phone.. limit? I didn't think there was a limit. I have always been with at&t and there isn't a limit. So how do I get more time? Or should I just go back to at&t?

If you didn't know there was a limit you didn't read the page where you had to choose a data plan; you must  check the box for the amount of data you think you may need. It states it very clearly that there are limits. You must also check a box that you agree to the plan you chose. Pretty hard to miss.

0 Likes
Not applicable
And you're probably locked into Verizon for the next two years, so forget about going back to AT&T. However, you can change your plan from 5GB to 10GB or vice versa.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Morning, ganny!

The text alerts are a proactive way to ensure you are aware the usage is near its limit.  My Verizon is another way to monitor the data usage. Just sign in or register using the above link.

The details of your data plan were included with the information you get when you start service and is listed in the contact when signing the agreement.  You can also see the details of each data plan we offer here.

Thank you!

0 Likes