will a Verizon 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 5510L work with a ring video doorbell
CLIROS20

Will my Verizon 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 5510L work with a Ring video doorbell?

0 Likes
Re: will a Verizon 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 5510L work with a ring video doorbell
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you need to be able to remotely access the Ring doorbell device using a public IP address?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: will a Verizon 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 5510L work with a ring video doorbell
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the Ring video doorbell require a 24/7 network connection?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks are WiFi devices with USB Tethering as options for devices that have drivers developed for them.  As long as your Ring device is WiFi then the Jetpack *should* work as a local network connection device.  If not then you would need the assistance of an extra device or two to convert the Jetpacks WiFi connection to an Ethernet cable connection.

However, as Ann suggested if you are attempting to access your Ring device from a remote location then you will have to work around the Verizon NAT Firewall configuration.  This requires the setup and configuration of a VPN so that you can find and connect to the Ring through the Jetpack at a remote location.  Jetpacks are also prone to having problems when left online 24x7 and require frequent reboots.  In that case Verizon may have a better device for you such as a 4G router or a USB Modem and compatible home router combo.

0 Likes