windows 7 and usb760 problems galore
froggydetail
I purchased a brand new dell laptop, inspiron 14z with windows 7 pre-installed. everything on it works great, except the verizon software. for grins i also purchased a clearwire wireless 4g card as well knowing i could take one of them back within a set number of days. i slip the clear.com card in, booyow, just worked without issues and the download speeds were good. ok, so now i'm thinking this wireless internet is easy and just knew a verizon card would be even easier given they've been in the game longer and has much more $ to invest in great connection management software. well, i have been more than disappointed b/c the verizon software has yet to work, except the one time it worked when i called tech support and had to jump through many hoops to get it to work. i just assumed it would keep working after i disconnected so we ended our call. I used the service and was very pleased with the performance of the verizon network, which is #1 reason i chose verizon. so then i disconnect, come back later and experience the same weird issue related to having an incorrect user/pass. i forgot what the credentials were that were given to me when i talked to tech support so i searched and found them in these forums! great stuff and self help so thank you! i keep getting errors about an incorrect user/pass and it's odd given i don't have one with verizon (error 691) . when i was on the call with verizon tech support the tech kept telling me he's always having to fix windows and rarely the verizon software. well, given the way i've tested this brand new laptop with both clear.com and verizon adapters i think his understanding of the issues isn't well understood by him b/c windows has worked great with other software from other carriers so who is the problem really with? i made sure i fully got rid of one software before installing the other card to avoid issues with one of the apps messing with the other. still no luck. i really need this connection to work for a coming trip and can't use my verizon card. does anyone have any advice on how i cacn get out of this infinite loop of invalid user/pass when i click the connect button?
0 Likes
Re: windows 7 and usb760 problems galore
Not applicable

You probably won't like this suggestion, but I found my USB760 works much better with a CradlePoint MBR1000 router than it does plugged into my laptop and using the VZAccess software.  I'm using Windows XP, so it works both ways, but much better with the router.

0 Likes
mikeac72
Enthusiast - Level 3

First, go to a system restore point before you even got VZAccess manager on Windows . (will erase VZAccess Manager and other programs installed after VZAccess manager). It  is  somewhere in Control Panel, in Systems and Maintenence.

Then, go to www.vzam.com and find the compatible software by going to Consumer Download and selecting your device and OS.

Finally, download and install the software.

If that doesn't work, do a system restore again, use GlaryUtilities or Advanced SystemCare (google it) to remove any invalid registry issues and other problems with your computer.

If it installs but still doesn't connect, you  need to activate your device by going to Options>Activation.  If that doesn't work, got to Options>Detect Device or Options>Run Wizard.

If that STILL doesn't work, post the issue and I will get back to you.

0 Likes
froggydetail

this is a brand new windows 7 laptop without any history of use.  it's plain vanilla windows 7 purchased a couple days ago.  all firewalls, security etc. have been disabled to see what the issue is.  i'm waiting on a call back from the level 3 engineers.  case was put in yesterday for them to call me back.  please help if you can b/c i've spent at least 8 hours trying to troubeshoot with and without verizon support.

0 Likes
mikeac72
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you installed VZAccess manager, it has history.  As I said before, use System Restore or GlaryUtilities to remove it.

0 Likes