would like to see usage in a bar not numbers when connecting to web
kittenkaboodle64

Can anybody tell me if there is a way to change the way my usage is viewed? The way it is now is just too confusing when I could see at a glance how close i am to my limit. It's as if verizon wants the confusion so they can stick it to me in overages. Also can I set up a block or something to cut us off the web like when your usage has been reached you're cut off?Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: would like to see usage in a bar not numbers when connecting to web
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Which device are you referring to here?

VZW only has a few tools for viewing your data usage on the fly.  You can either contact the 1800 number and work through the menus or setup a My Verizon account.  The VZAccess software is only compatible with certain devices, I'm not sure if it even displays the data usage since I have never been able to get it to work with my MiFi.

ATT has a device called the Elevate 4G which has the data usage directly on the screen of the device.  That is by far the most impressive solution I have seen so far.

There are no ways to cut off your internet when your limit is reached.  VZW's and most major wireless service providers have a financial model based off users going over their tiered data caps.  There are no safety controls with these devices.  You need to be disciplined and pay attention to your usage as you go to avoid overage charges.

0 Likes
Re: would like to see usage in a bar not numbers when connecting to web
budone
Legend

Call #DATA.

I use an app called My Data Manager . It tends to run about 100MB more than what MyData app that VZW shows. And it is real time.

0 Likes