Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

America’s Best Burger: East Coast Vs. West Coast

Not applicable
2 5 1,175

It’s East Coast versus West Coast in this burger brawl! 

burger.jpgLet's get ready to rumble! On average, Americans eat three hamburgers a week. That’s a national total of nearly 50 billion burgers per year! With that many burgers being consumed across America, it’s clear that we are a nation that appreciates a good burger. But where do we go to get our burger fix? While burger titans like Burger King, Wendy’s and McDonald's, serve hungry masses in droves, it’s the smaller and regional chains that most people pledge an allegiance to.  For example, if you ever find yourself looking for a burger while in California, the locals are probably going to tell you to try In-N-Out Burger. But if you’re in New Jersey and you have a burger craving that just won’t quit, I would refer you to Shack Shake.  Despite the fact that I've eaten at both locations, I won't let my opinions stop me from telling you all the juicy details that go into making their signature burgers. However, I will ask you to think about what you look for when ordering a burger. Is it a toasted bun? An assortment of toppings? Or just really well seasoned meat? While In-N-Out Burger and Shake Shack have clear similarities, it’s their differences that make them deliciously unique.

In-N-Out Burger – Classic Cheeseburger:

• They use freshly baked, slow-rising sponge dough to create their toasted buns.
  • They only use yellow American cheese in order to create a real authentic taste.
  • When it comes to beef, they use 100% American beef with no additives, filters or preservatives.
  • Looking to top your burger with all the fixings? In-N-Out lets you put on freshly slices or grilled onions, fresh and crispy lettuce, plump juicy tomato slices, and last but not least, their secret spread that has been unchanged since 1948.

in.jpg

Shake Shack – The ShackBurger:

• Forget about traditional burger buns. Shake Shack only uses non-GMO potato buns!
  • They use yellow American cheese in a nod to the classic ‘50s burger stand.
  • Where’s the beef? They use 100% all-natural Angus beef with no hormones or antibiotics.
  • Much like In-N-Out Burger, Shake Shack tops their ShackBurger with crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes. However, when it comes to condiments, they have their own secret spread called ShackSauce.

shake.jpg

Now that you know what each place puts on their signature burger, I want to know which one you prefer. Have you been to Shake Shack or In-N-Out Burger? Is there a clear winner in your opinion or do you have your own burger place suggestion? If so, what makes that burger joint the best in America?

5 Comments