Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!

Featured Community Employee Of The Month

Not applicable
0 0 2,880

employee.jpg

1. How long have you worked for the Verizon Community?

I have been working for the Verizon Community for five months!

2. Apple or Samsung?

I would have to say I am slowly converting over to the dark side.

3. Do you like contributing to the blogs? Which has been your favorite to write and why?

While I have contributed a few blogs to this point, I really do like being a contributor. If there is a topic that I am passionate about or I can relate to, it makes it that much more exciting and fun to participate. The blog on comics was enjoyable to write because I have been a sci-fi and comic book geek since I was a child. I used to collect comics in my younger days and have about 5,000 of them. It always intrigued me how these characters and their stories can be brought to life through the magic of film.

Read my blog about comic books:

4. What type of smartphone do you have? What was your first phone?

I have an iPhone 6. Though I stay up on the latest technology trends, I am not an early adopter. Hopefully, it will serve its purpose for years to come. My first phone was a Samsung flip phone.

5. What is the most challenging part of your job? Favorite part?

The most challenging part is also the most favorite. Diving into customer insights and trying to figure out patterns and solve problems is rewarding as it helps to drive and enhance customer experience and satisfaction.

6. What made you to want to work for Verizon?

My background has been mostly in the financial industry, in the B2B space. So when the opportunity presented itself to work in a totally different space I jumped on it. It is a great opportunity to keep learning new things.

7. What are three fun facts about you?

snoopy.jpg

I. I like adventure and adrenaline. From a young age I always loved roller coasters. That has evolved to skiing, jumping out of an airplane, and white water rafting, to name a few.

II. Loved playing baseball and played in college. I also coached youth baseball for many years, including a trip to the Sandy Koufax World Series and American Legion NJ State Championships.

III. Huge Snoopy and Peanuts fan. My Christmas tree is known as the “Peanuts” tree because it is decorated with all Peanuts ornaments.

8. Favorite food?

Nothing beats the smell of bacon on a Sunday morning. It is decadent, rich, and indulgent. Not to mention one of my favorite actors is named Bacon: Kevin Bacon.

9. What’s your Alma Mater?

I went to the state school of New Jersey – Rutgers. However, I have a joint degree from Rutgers and New Jersey Institute of Technology

10. If you could be any animal, what would it be?

I'm not entirely sure what I'd want to be, as with all animals, including us, have strengths and weaknesses. Dolphins are great swimmers and are considered one of the smartest animals. Birds for their flight ability and being able to soar through the sky, seeing from a unique perspective. Maybe I would choose the wolverine. As that is my favorite comic book character. They are stocky and muscular and have a reputation for strength.

Want to connect with me? Check out my Verizon Community Profile: johns_vzw