Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

New Destinations To Put On Your Travel Bucket List

Not applicable
2 0 1,029

Expand your travel bucket list with these extraordinary destinations!

travel 2.jpgIt's better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times. With inspirational quotes like that, it's hard resist the allure of traveling. But if you already love to explore and venture out of your comfort zone, you might have a Travel Bucket List. Whether this list is mental, electronic, or on paper, these locations were added because you were inspired to go there at one point in your life. Perhaps, they are places you've already visited and to which you yearn to return, or they are places you've only read about in books or seen in movies. The items on your list might be a mix of goals achievable in the near future or destinations that some might consider to be more “dream-worthy.” Regardless of where you would like to travel, adventure awaits! Therefore, the Verizon Community Team and I have decided to look at our own Travel Bucket Lists and share one of our dream locations with all of you. They could possibly already be on your list but maybe, just maybe, we will spark your interest in visiting a place you've never heard of before.

HaileyM_VZW;

One of the top places on my travel bucket list is Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic. I was first introduced to this stunning spa town when I watched the movie, The Last Holiday, during a flight to Mexico.  In the movie, Queen Latifah’s character, Georgia Bryd, decides to visit Karlovy Vary in order to have a luxurious spa vacation. Much like the movie, I would like to stay in the Grandhotel Pupp around the Christmas holiday and get pampered daily before I go out and explore the beauty that is Karlovy Vary. I highly recommend looking up this beautiful gem in the Czech Republic and maybe you’ll add it to your travel bucket list as well!

DanW_VZW:

The biggest item on my travel bucket list is to take off on a cross-country road trip with my family.  I haven’t done nearly as much traveling as I would like and I still haven’t seen so much of what this amazing, enormous country has to offer.  I want to see live music and experience the culture in New Orleans and go skiing in the Rocky Mountains.  I would top it all off with a trip to the Grand Canyon.  It would be amazing to finally see this fascinating natural wonder that so far I’ve only been able to see in pictures.  I love long drives and open roads so I’d love to drive from state to state and see this amazing country by car.

JoeS_VZW:

There are so many great places in the world I want to visit but my top travel bucket list destination would have to be Tokyo.  I have always loved Japanese culture and I absolutely want to visit at some point.  After that, I want to visit the town Ukraine where my family came from in the early 20th century. Finally, I want to go back to Cork, Ireland, where I studied abroad for six months, with my family.

JohnS_VZW:

Usually adrenaline and adventure are the things that I seek out and enjoy. I have dived with sharks and jumped out of an airplane, both of which I have found to be therapeutic and relaxing. To travel is to have an escape plan from everything else that is going on around me in my life. I would love to visit Eastern Europe – home of my ancestors. Not much is known about our family that still remains in Europe. My grandparents on both my Mom’s and Dad’s side immigrated to the United States in the early 20th Century. I remember some of the stories of their lives and journeys of how they got here from my mom and older relatives – and that history has always fascinated me. It is for that reason that I would like to learn more about my heritage and visit the cities where my grandparents came from. To further that connection to the past and the future.

YareliM_VZW:

If I could book a flight to anywhere, I would hop on the next flight to visit the Ancient Ruins in Athens, Greece and some of their beautiful islands with a few of my closest friends. Greece has always been on my bucket list of places to go because of its beautiful landscape and culture. While in Greece, I would love to stay in the white-washed village of Santorini.  Their coast line and beautiful beaches are simply amazing to me. I could only imagine myself walking up each morning gazing out to the blue sea, while admiring the cities architecture.  After soaking up sun for a few days in Santorini, we can then all sail over to Mykonos, which was named after Apollo’s grandson to enjoy the Greek Summer in their white sand beaches.

Would you be interested in traveling to any of our travel bucket list destinations? Or have you been to any of our dream destinations? If so, please share your experiences with us! Tell us where you'd like to travel too! We'd love to add to our travel bucket lists!