Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

The Community Team Celebrates Independence Day

Not applicable
4 0 539

4thofjuly.jpgFor the Verizon Community Team, we also participated in the typical Patriotic traditions that are synonymous with the holiday. From spending time around a campfire roasting marshmallows, to taking a much needed family vacation, we all celebrated Independence Day during the holiday weekend.

JoeS_VZW:

The Fourth of July is, without a doubt, my favorite holiday.  I just love everything about it! From the warm weather, to grilling, to watching the fireworks, there is no better day of the year! This year, my family and I were in Williamsburg, Virginia for Independence Day.  It was my son’s first 4th and he had a great time, even though he slept through the fireworks. 

HaileyM_VZW:

kayak.jpg

Since it was a beautiful day here in New Jersey, I spent Independence Day on a lake, kayaking with my dog, Baxter. At 9 years old, my dog is no longer a puppy but he has the energy and spirit to keep up with all the summer activities. For more than half the day, we paddled around the lake and then relaxed with a barbecue by the dock. Unfortunately for Baxter, we then stayed up late into the night as fireworks went off around my neighborhood.

DanW_VZW:

I started off my 4th of July with America’s Pastime, baseball! The game started at 11 a.m. over here on the east coast, and I fittingly watched the Washington Nationals defeat my beloved Mets in our nation’s capitol.  In the afternoon, I barbecued with my friends and once the sun went down, we had a fire in the back yard.  We then played music, ate way too many s’mores, and listened to the fireworks going off around the town.

YareliM_VZW:

Celebrating birthdays are some of my favorite days and being able to celebrate America’s birthday is by far, one of the best celebrations. This Fourth of July was sweet, simple, and most importantly, full of fireworks. This year I had a few family members and very close friends come over to my house for some BBQ, Jenga, and a few good competitive games of bags. After all of our food had settled and dusk fell upon us, we proceeded to light up the sky with beautiful fireworks. My favorite firework is the Weeping Willow. What is yours?

fire.png

JohnS_VZW:

The Fourth of July is more than just barbecues and beaches. It is a time to be thankful for family and friends. But most of all, it’s a time to celebrate our freedom and give thanks to all those who made sacrifices for our freedom. It is through this freedom that my ancestors escaped from war-torn Europe in the hopes of giving their family a better life. So as I watched the fireworks over the NYC skyline, I couldn’t help but wonder how they felt as they passed by the Statue of Liberty on their way to Ellis Island.   

However you celebrated the Fourth of July, we hope you had a happy and safe time! Feel free to share what you did or let us know what your favorite Independence Day tradition is! Are fireworks legal in your state and if not, should they be? Where is the best place to see a spectacular fireworks display?