Re: Cannot Log in to this forum with Firefox
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

*Staus report*

While I have not yet found the add-on that is causing my trouble, but I can say this. I don't get get too many scripts running on these forum pages and I am prompted to stop them.

Since I have an computer that can run IE around here too, I can check if it happens on there too. Maybe not now, but as soon as I can...

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Again, right now, I had difficulty logging on with Firefox.  I had to hit Trouble Signing On and re-do my password yet again to make any progress.  The initial log-on page for Community Name (glnz) DOES NOT WORK. When I try to use that page, there is a very brief beige bar at top of page indicating a problem with a script -- too fast to read -- and then I am returned to the same log-in page.  Over and over.

Firefox  9.0.1

WinXPPro SP3 with all updates

Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM

Avast AV Free

AdAware

AdBlock Plus was OFF just now

NoScript but set to permit lithium.com and all this page

Spybot S&D and SpywareBlaster, but they are passive Hosts file protectors

Does anyone know how to get Firefox to print a list of add-ons?  If yes, I'll list them here.

Whatever Vz is doing, it is incompatible with normal security protections on Firefox, and IE indicates script overflow to the nth degree.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've not seen any difficulty with using Firefox on these forums. Right now I'm running a Beta copy of Firefox 10, and every now and again I will bring out a Nightly build to see if there's any speed improvements, since these forums seem rather script heavy for their purpose (they've gotten better recently, though maybe that's because of my browser being more efficient, too). Are you sure there isn't some Add-on such as Adblock Plus or NoScript, or some Setting in Firefox's Privacy Options that are misconfigured?

Yes, these forums do take forever on Netbooks with GPU acceleration running IE9 to render pages from the last I've checked. Disable JavaScript and it flies.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

This site is incompatible with basic protections from NoScript even though I am ALLOWING everything from lithium.com, verizon.com and verizon.net.

The warning at the top of my Firefox browser says this:

"NoScript filtered a potential cross-site scripting (XSS) attempt from [http://www22.verizon.com].  Technical details have been logged to the console."

At the bottom of the very long console list of Warnings, there is this:

signin.verizon.com : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555

Then there is this:

[NoScript XSS] Sanitized suspicious upload to [https://signin.verizon.com/sso/authsso/communityLogin.jsp###DATA###%2FwEPDwUKMTU   …  lots of gobbledygook … GkaqnNw%3D] from [http://www22.verizon.com/content/sso/signin.aspx?goto=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.verizon.com%2Fvrzn%2Fvrzn_... transformed into a download-only GET request.

Above these lines in the Console there are hundreds (?) of warnings involving this site – cannot figure out a way to copy them.

I was able to log in here by permitting an "Unsafe Reload".

HEY, VERIZON AND LITHIUM - I DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON ANY OTHER FORUM OR WEBSITE ANYWHERE - AND I DON'T HAVE ANY SPECIAL SETTINGS IN NOSCRIPT - PLEASE FIX YOUR TECHNOLOGY.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3
Happened again.
0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

And happened yet again from a different computer.  I'm in the office -

Firefox 8.0 (NOT 9.0.1 like at home)

WinXPPro SP3

Dell Optiplex 780

2GB RAM

Symantec Anti-Virus (not Avast)

NoScript same as at home (no custom settings and allowing everything from verizon and lithium)

AdBlock Plus same as at home

NO Ad-Aware

NO SpywareBlaster or Spybot S&D

As before from home, I had to jimmy the Vz Forum log-in page by hitting X-STOP in the address bar just as Firefox tried to show me the same XSS issue - THEN (after four tries) I could log in by using NoScript's UNSAFE RELOAD option.

Am I the only one?  Before you write that I have a freak situation -- although it has duplicated itself in a second machine -- please consider whether others are locked out of these forums and so haven't been able to post the issue of being locked out.  In fact, there are a few other references in the forum index to being unable to log in.

Vz and Lithium - this is down to you, and I bet there are lots of folks who aren't here because  ...  they can't get in..

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Still happening.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Two amazing bad things about this forum:

FIRST -- A year later, I still cannot log on to this forum from Firefox.  Exactly the same symptoms as I have reported above.

I have seen somewhat similar problems on other forums run by Lithium, although none as bad as this one.

I am able to type this added post only because I have logged on using IE.

This time, I was able to copy the Firefox-NoScript cross-scripting error message.  Here it is:

This remains a Verizon-Lithium caused problem.  Please fix

SECOND -- I tried to flag the preceding (?) posting by flea as "inappropriate content" and then emailed Vz using "Contact Us" , but got the following email error message:

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: verizon.community@verizon.com
  Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
  Diagnostic code: smtp;550 #5.1.0 Address rejected verizon.community@verizon.com
  Remote system: dns;fldsmtpe02.verizon.com (TCP|206.46.173.3|10519|140.108.26.141|25) (fldsmtpe02.verizon.com ESMTP)

(By the way, my own email for sending email to anyone, including to verizon above, is my name on verizon.net, so it's surely not my email source that's a problem.)

VERIZON - ARE YOU OUT TO LUNCH?  NO OTHER MAJOR COMPANY DOES SO POORLY WITH THEIR WEBSITE, FORUM OR "CONTACT US".

As I said, bad show all around.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

ginz,

Check and see which Firefox addons you are using.  Disable them one at a time until you find the one causing the script errors. 

The issue you are having is not a universal one.  Many other members are using Firefox without any issues and I have always used Firefox on the community without any issues that weren't related to an addon within Firefox.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

These are my Firefox Add-Ons.  They all look normal, and there are no problems with any other forum.  (Did you see my screenshot above?)  See any problems below?

QuickTime Plug-in 7.6The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.  
Plugin IconRealPlayer Version Plugin6.0.12.46  
Plugin IconMicrosoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Pluginnp-mswmp1.0.0.8 
Plugin IconWindows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link LibraryNpdsplay dll3.0.2.629 
Plugin IconAdobe AcrobatAdobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.110.1.1.33 
Plugin IconSilverlight Plug-In5.0.61118.05.0.61118.0 
Plugin IconJava Deployment Toolkit 6.0.310.5NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy1.6.0.31 
Plugin IconJava(TM) Platform SE 6 U31Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers1.6.0.31 
Plugin IconShockwave FlashShockwave Flash 11.2 r20211.2.202.228 
Plugin IconMetaStream 3 PluginMetaStream 3 Plugin r4  
Plugin IconMicrosoft Office 2003Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator  
Plugin IconAOL Media Playback Pluginnpunagi2  
Plugin IconMicrosoft® DRMDRM Netscape Network Object  
Plugin IconWindows Presentation FoundationWindows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers  
Plugin IconWindows Genuine Advantage1.9.0042.0  
Plugin IconiTunes Application DetectoriTunes Detector Plug-in  
Plugin IconIE Tab Plug-inIE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox  
Plugin IconLogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components 1.0.0.724LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components  
Plugin IconVLC Web PluginVLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0  
Plugin IconGoogle UpdateGoogle Update  

0 Likes