Re: Complaint Forum Proposal
prisaz
Legend

I have noticed over the years (1 1/2) many people come and complain first without first looking for a solution. Then we who would like to help, must say stop give us information and perhaps you can find help here. I see a valid time to complain when no solutions are being found. But let's not give people a place to start out with a complaint. These forums are better suited for starting out with a question and issue, then looking for a solution.

bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for the lively discussion on this topic. It would be best to have people start out with a question and some info so others can help find a solution. We are hoping to put some topics/blog posts together to help people who first come to these forums learn to use them more easily, and we could possibly give some examples of what makes a good forum post.  It is likely that whatever board format we set up, people who want to complain will do so. 

Thanks again!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting discussion here.  If I may weigh in with my 2 cents....

If there was a "complaint forum", I probably would not spend much time there.  I came here, originally, for help with my new cell phone, and stayed because after searching for my answers, I found I could answer more questions than I needed to ask.  Working at home, on my computer, I have time to keep up throughout the day (most  days, not all!) with discussions, and I enjoy the interaction and being able to solve problems.

I don't enjoy reading complaints, or threats, or rants from those who don't want help, but just want to vent.  And those folks love to vent in many places, as we all know.  Posts get repeated multiple times thinking it will get more attention that way, and I don't think having a specific place for venting will prevent the same posts from showing up on other boards as well.  In fact, it may encourage complaining and venting....and that would serve no purpose, IMO.

In short, I think those of us that do spend time here helping and answering questions would avoid the complaint board, it would add to board clutter, folks are going to complain and vent regardless, so why encourage it?  Emphasize that this is peer-to peer support and help, NOT a complaint forum.  The mods have enough to do handling the board without ASKING for complaints!!!

I think I may have written more than  2 cents....oh, well.  Have a wonderful evening!!

bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

I just wanted to clarify my comments above. I am not advocating for or against a complaints board, and we would not want to do anything to encourage complaints which are for the sake of complaining. We do want to encourage real questions with enough information in them to allow the smart people on this forum to give some real answers.  I was just pointing out that, whether or not we were to create a complaints board, those who want to complain will find a place to do so.

Thanks for weighing in, SuzyQ!

0 Likes
Brittany_R

I agree! I was treated very rudely at the Kennerly location in South St. Louis County and I would like to talk to someone about it

0 Likes
ignatz713
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, that's a great idea!

So where do those of us who are being hosed by FIOS go to complain?

Where do we go to regale those who aren't happy with the outrageous prices being charged by FIOS about the fact that Cablevision, crooks that THEY are, are now sending people to my DOOR to try and get me BACK to Cablevision, to the tune of ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS a month for EVERYTHING I HAVE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool deal, huh? Just one problem. The guy had me, but then, being the crooks that they are, asked for the FIRST MONTH'S payment in advance. Well, that brought up all the foul bile that Cablevision has built up in my endocrinological system for the past 28 years when they were a fascist monopoly in these here environs and I kicked him to the curb.

By the way, when their disconnect guy called, he told me that the owner of Verizon was just as unethical and crooked as the Dolans. No doubt, but since there is price fixing going on between ALL of the cable companies, what is the poor schmuck consumer to do?

Exactly.

So, where is the disgruntled hosed consumer supposed to go to voice these complaints about the crooked as Cablevision FIOS? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????????????????????????????

0 Likes
sadfioscamper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, sure!  But they're probably afraid that a dedicated space for something like that would overload their crappy system.

0 Likes
sadfioscamper
Enthusiast - Level 2

A dedicated site would be great but only if Verizon staff charged with providing solutions actually read it.  It helps to vent and feel like you're being heard on issues positive and negative but let's face it.  If things are working the way they're supposed to, you are likely neutral about it unless someone asks you your opinion. Afterall, you're PAYING for the service to work right and for you to be charged an amount that you feel is what you signed up for.  It's when you feel taken advantage of with no opportunity for recourse that you are more adimant about searching for an outlet, a reliable, trusted source that can get you to that neutral space that you thought you were paying for. In my circumstance, i've been overcharged for services that I don't have every single month.  I only have one tv and one dvr box yet for four months, one after another I call and complain, they credit me and then the charge shows up again even after I've been promised it has been fixed.  Certainly I can go back to Comcast but they threaten me with an outrageous contract fee which implies I'VE done something wrong.  Where's the recourse here?  People who are on this site that are 'happy' with Verizon are either getting paid to post or have way too much time on their hands.  If you reall are avid supporters, help ME understand what you would do in this circumstance?

0 Likes
caroled

I have been having problems for months and would like to advise people of Verizon's lack of concern. Telling us Corp. does not want to hear it and potential customers won't have access to the lack of concern, doesn't make sense. Can you direct me to a place where I can tell my experience with Verizon? I wish I had the opportunity to hear of other disaster stories other than those from members of my 3 Computer User Groups.

0 Likes
caroled

question #1. . . Where can Verizon customers go to get results after months and months of not getting any help from Tech Support, Verizon Stores at the Mall, FIOS Stores, Letters to Verizon Hdqs., Notes attached to your bill and the guys (and gals) you see working on lines in your neighborhood?

question # 2. . .If this forum is set up to help people, why do your protest when we reply with our experiences?

question #3. . .How can we make people considering Verizon aware of problems we've encountered?

0 Likes