Forums Not Playing Nice with Chrome
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I had some trouble getting in last night, but it seems to have been related to maintenance. I see we have a spiffy new "keep me signed in" option. Yay!

The only problem I have is that I am now unable to log into the forums using Chrome. I get an error that says "Please enter a UserID" - even though my login info is definitely entered.

I'm using Chrome version 6.0.472.63, with no addons enabled. (On the upside, seems to work just fine with both Firefox and IE.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forums Not Playing Nice with Chrome
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I had the same problem with Chrome until I cleared history, deleted cookies, etc.  Once I did that Chrome worked fine with the forums.

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Strange....

I normally use Firefox, but I logged off of Firefox and right now am logged onto the forums using Chrome to create this post:

And I am using it with a number of add-ons enabled, so your problem is obviously a "user error" Smiley Very Happy (just kidding, just in case you don't believe the smiley). Unfortunately I don't have a clue what your problem might be, but at least for me Chrome seems to be working just fine with the forums.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I don't like chrome because it doesn't really shine.Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I had the same problem with Chrome until I cleared history, deleted cookies, etc.  Once I did that Chrome worked fine with the forums.

Justin46
Legend

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Interesting, and to me strange.....I did not have to do that, but if it works, that is what is important. I wonder why that would help, any idea?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@jumpin68ny wrote:

How very strange. I would swear I did that already, but I cleared it again and it works. Thanks for the reality check Smiley Happy