Re: Why does Verizon discriminate against Firefox?
Justin46
Legend

@Archguy wrote:

It's virtually impossible to use any Verizon services with Firefox.

The Home Monitoring service is non-functional, and even these forums can't be accessed.

Every time I try to sign in, it takes me to the Register page. 

etc etc etc... the problems noted above are REAL.

Absolutely, completely untrue!

I am posting in the Forums right now using Firefox. I use Firefox all of the time to visit Verizon websites, have been for years, and they all work. I have also tried IE, Chrome, and Opera, and they also all work. I know there are lots and lots of others who use Firefox successfully every time they visit a Verizon site.

I am confident you have a Firefox configuration problem - an add-on, a setting, or perhaps even an OS setting, something that is interferring. Try starting Firefox with no add-ons and see if anything changes, change your cookie handling, etc., try changing things instead of complaining.

Verizon websites do work (well) with Firefox.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@glnz wrote:

Archguy is correct.  I can sign in here with IE but never with Firefox.  I do not have this problem on any other forum anywhere.  And this forum is damned slow with IE because an amazing amount of stuff is running in the background.

My Firefox is version 14.0.1.  I use NoScript, but I always allow scripts from verizon.com, .net, etc. sources.  I also use Ad-Block Plus and Better Privacy.  My Firefox is set to permit cookies from verizon.com, verizon.net and other verizon-related domain names I have seen, including forums.verizon.com.   Of course, cookies from thousands of other (non-Verizon) sites are blocked in my Firefox.  All of this is basic good practice for surfing, and Verizon should encourage it.  (Does Verizon have some secret cookie or script sources it wants to let us know?)

I could sort of understand if Verizon were a small clothing company based in Vietnam and not a major US telecommunications giant, but it is mind-boggling that Verizon -- Verizon !! -- cannot learn how to accommodate Firefox.  Bad show.

And you have been in denial for months about this! Your whining and complaining here for months has apparently not changed a thing for you. Why don't you just give it up and switch to some provider that you will be happy with? If plenty of other users can use Firefox and you (and he) can't, what makes you think it is NOT your fault?

This is beyond ridiculous, give it up. Verizon is certainly guilty of lots of things, but discriminating against Firefox, or not supporting it, is just not one of them.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Archguy - what are your Firefox version, settings and add-ons?

I'm interested whether or not you're using NoScript because something about trying to sign in to this forum triggers the briefest of NoScript warnings about a XSS attack (cross-site srcipting?)  This happens in reaction to the sign-in page and sends me back to the sign-in page over and over.  I gave some tech details some months ago in another post here:  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Suggestions-For-This-Community/Cannot-Log-in-to-this-forum-with-Firefox...

No, I don't know what XSS is, but if Verizon is doing it on this forum, then it should stop so that we can continue to keep NoScript on when signing in.  Again, this forum is the ONLY one to which I cannot sign in with Firefox.

0 Likes