Is it possible to have Verizon turn off International Roaming on a line before I leave
johnhalldesign
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to have Verizon turn off International Roaming on a line before I leave, and how do I do that?  Son is going to Italy for 4 months, and has a local eSim installed, so does not plan to use roaming.  I had planned to add TravelPass as a backup, but after reading many horror stories about charges, and being told by Verizon themselves that a single incoming voicemail or SMS text will trip the $10/day charge, I think the best option is just to turn it off at the carrier level, so that he doesn't accidentally connect and we end up with huge roaming fees. That approach suggested to us on another group.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to disable all international charge risks for S7 phone with TravelPass?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! To ensure you don't get charged a TravelPass fee, just make sure Airplane mode is on. 

-Carter

Derf_Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support, if they turn on airplane mode, doesn't that also prevent the eSIM from connecting to the local phone networks?

0 Likes
elleirdad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same question .... Airplane mode is NOT an option because I want the second SIM in the dual SIM phone to be active.

0 Likes