Travel pass activated while never leaving U.S.
tmdamron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was visiting North Dakota recently. (July 2020)  I never left the U.S. but travel pass got activated and I was charged $5.00.    My phone must have picked up a tower in Canada.   Am I eligible to get this fee refunded and if so, how do I go about doing so?

Labels (1)
Re: Travel pass activated while never leaving U.S.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@tmdamron wrote:

I was visiting North Dakota recently. (July 2020)  I never left the U.S. but travel pass got activated and I was charged $5.00.    My phone must have picked up a tower in Canada.   Am I eligible to get this fee refunded and if so, how do I go about doing so?

That happened to me in Northern Vermont as I was visiting near the Canadian border.  I did receive text messages warning me I was getting an international signal and TravelPass was kicking in.  I had to turn roaming off, cell data off and/or put in airplane mode to ensure I wouldn't be charged.  When I moved up here, I changed my plan to include Canada service.  Before moving, I did get dinged the $5 TravelPass charge and called Customer Service (800-922-0204).  I explained the situation and they DID credit my account, and informed me what to do to keep it from happening in the future.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes