Why don't I have service in Canada?
comprose

I have the Mexico/Canada Unlimited plan ($2 per day per device), but keep getting "no service" on my iPad or iPhone, both of which are on the plan. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No service travelling in Canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly important to stay connected while traveling, comprose. Let's double check to ensure you are allowing a connection to international towers on your devices. On your iPhone this will be in Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Roaming. Both voice and data roaming should be turned on here. On your iPad this will be in Settings>Cellular Data>Cellular Data Options>Data Roaming. The International Trip Planner http://vz.to/2lORPts will let you know if your iPad is global capable.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Jwier

What part of Canada? I went to Alberta in Dec. and it was hit or miss but if you use Wifi calling it worked like a charm

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly important to stay connected while traveling, comprose. Let's double check to ensure you are allowing a connection to international towers on your devices. On your iPhone this will be in Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Roaming. Both voice and data roaming should be turned on here. On your iPad this will be in Settings>Cellular Data>Cellular Data Options>Data Roaming. The International Trip Planner http://vz.to/2lORPts will let you know if your iPad is global capable.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

nprietto

I'm traveling in Toronto, Canada. I'm having the same problem with my Google pixel 2

0 Likes
dcusick

I was just in Canada last week.  I drove from the Buffalo Airport, to Niagara Falls for a few days, and then drove to Toronto for a few days.  A little after crossing the border, the service got a little shaky.  While in Niagara, it was definitely hit or miss.  On the drive to Toronto, almost unusable.. However, while I was actually in the city of Toronto, I was basically getting full bars, at all times.  Verizon basically uses a bunch of different company's towers up there, so it really depends on where you are in the country.  Defintely wasn't the best experience, while I was there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nprietto, we can relate to how important it is that you have service when you travel to keep you connected help is here. Please advise what happens when you attempt to place a call, text, and utilize data with WiFi off. What city are you in?

Additionally, the following link may assist: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes