Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Direct Messaging threads erroneously showing "! Abuse Reported"
cinderbloke
Novice

FYI:

RE: Direct Messaging threads erroneously showing "! Abuse Reported"

When Direct Messaging threads are being displayed in full-page-view (community.verizonwireless.com/communications/dm/dm#), they are showing "! Abuse Reported" in the right-hand footer of all incoming posts. Recipients of my DMs are also reporting the same status from my posts. I've never selected "Report Abuse" on any messages or posts.

VCC - DM Abuse Reports.png

0 Likes
Re: Direct Messaging threads erroneously showing "! Abuse Reported"
admin
Novice

Thanks for reporting the issue. I branched to a new discussion for easier tracking.  I'll get someone looking into this.

0 Likes
russr1123

How did you figure out this link?

community.verizonwireless.com/communications/dm/dm#

It doesn't work for me and I can't figure out a way to navigate to just DMs.

0 Likes
cinderbloke
Novice

Also (I don't know if it's related or not), members to whom I had sent "Friend Requests" in the earliest days of Jive (before it was changed to "Following") mentioned that they are still seeing "Awaiting Approval" from me for their requests to Friend/Follow me. Since I never got any of those requests, I couldn't approve ... so I'm in DM limbo - able to be DM'd, but not able to initiate DMs. Smiley Sad

Hmmm ... on second thought, that may be a good thing (for them) ...

0 Likes
russr1123

I'm one of the people who tried to follow cinderbloke, but my request to him got lost so now it states 'Awaiting Approval'.

0 Likes
admin
Novice

Ok I think we have the "awaiting approval" cleared up.  Please let me know if you find otherwise.

0 Likes
admin
Novice

We need a little more information around a specific message that you are seeing this error with.  Is it possible that you could send me a screen shot of just one of the PMs so we can track down the issue on the backend?  I will send you a DM now to see if maybe you will experience the same issue and we could use that message as an example.  Feel free to send me a screen shot of one of the messages via DM.

0 Likes
syntap

I'll send him a DM too.

cinderbloke
Novice

Done.

Sent you a Private Conversation containing a screenshot of a full page with multiple instances of "! Abuse Reported" in the message footers.

BTW, the DM you sent me does NOT contain an "Abuse Reported" in your initial post. Maybe it requires more than one post and I'll see it in subsequent replies in that DM thread.

Let me know how else I can help.

0 Likes
cinderbloke
Novice

Jive Administrator wrote:

Ok I think we have the "awaiting approval" cleared up.  Please let me know if you find otherwise.

Yes, I think you have it cleared up ... ... I just received a HUGE slug of Follow notifications!

Thanks!

0 Likes