Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Friend requests aren't being approved
techguru
Novice

,  can you check out what is happening with friend requests?  All the people I accepted a request from are showing as

I accepted requests from are showing "awaiting approval" (see screen shot below).  They all say they have not seen a request from me to be approved.  (one exception is Payne, that I sent a request to, and due to current timezone difference I would not expect her to reply until tomorrow).

Alan

0 Likes
Re: Friend requests aren't being approved
admin
Novice

Thanks for bringing this up.  I've branched your post into its own discussion here so we can track the issue separately.  I think the problem is two fold.  I suspect that users are probably not checking their actions stream (3rd icon that looks like a check) and seeing that they have pending friend requests.  That being said we are going to change the relationships from being bidirectional (friends), which require approval to being connections, which are unidirectional.  In otherwords right now it says techguru is friends with Jive Administrator and the same when you visit my connection.  This will now mean that I can follow you and it would appear as a connection but you wouldn't necessarily have to follow me in return.  This changes will be in place soon.

0 Likes
cinderbloke
Novice

I now notice that the actual term "Follow(ing)" is being offered instead of "Friends", is that the unidirectional change to which you were referring?

(BTW, I did check the action streams and never saw any pending friend requests resulting from my outbound requests.)

0 Likes
admin
Novice

Yes that is the change I was referring to, there are a few small details (like some of the already pending friendship request being turned into connections) that may not be flushed out but the larger scale change is rolled out.

0 Likes
Sam_K

Jive Administrator wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up.  I've branched your post into its own discussion here so we can track the issue separately.

, it's cool that you're able to branch a post from an existing discussion into it's own discussion.  I can already see the other benefits of the Jive platform and it's starting to grow on me.  The biggest thing that I like about it is not having to log into My Verizon account in order to access my community account because I linked them together.  That requirement really annoyed me about the Lithium forum for several reasons not worth discussing at this point.

Now all we need is our missing replies from the converted discussions from the Lithium VCC subforum and I'll be really happy.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
admin
Novice

Now all we need is our missing replies from the converted discussions from the Lithium VCC subforum and I'll be really happy.  Smiley Happy

Granted Smiley Happy.  Note there are some threads that were cached that will take a few minutes to reload the newly added replies but they should all be in place now.  e.g

0 Likes
Sam_K

Thanks !  You're the man/woman!  I'll check them out when I get home later tonight.  

0 Likes
Sam_K

, the replies are there but the reply count on the content pages are still not counting the replies that you restored from the old forum.  And because the content pages don't reflect the replies, the "sort by latest activity" function isn't showing the threads in the correct order.  It looks like you need to rebuild the content pages.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/vcc/vccdevices/content

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/vcc/vccci/content

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/vcc/vccappserv/content

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/vcc/vcccarcomp/content

0 Likes
cinderbloke
Novice

IIRC, edited posts in Lithium used to carry both the origination date/time and date/time of the last edit in the post header. I've noticed that in Jive, only the date/time of the most recent edit is shown. I wonder if the translation used to migrate old threads took that into consideration. If not, and it took the date/time of the last edit, posts that had been edited might have been sorted erroneously when the thread was reconstructed in Jive.

0 Likes
admin
Novice

This should be fixed now. A small caching issue had the pre-migration numbers in there. 

0 Likes