Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Sam_K unable to access the forum...
Mark_Venture
Novice

I received this via email, so I'm posting it verbatim...

-----------------------------------------

Kristy,

The past several days I haven't been able to log onto the Verizon community forum and I appear to be the only one from the Verizon customer council with this issue because I've been getting email notifications from the forum discussions that I've subscribed to.  Let me explain the details of the problem.  In order to log onto the Verizon community forum I first must log onto my "My Verizon" account first and then click on the "Support" option at the top of the Verizon website which reveals a popup window with a list of options and then I select "Support Community Forum" to log onto the forum.  Selecting that option redirects me to the following URL.

https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/cdcservlet?TARGET=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.vzw.com%3A80%2Fv...

That link (or one similar to it) usually redirects me and logs me onto the Verizon community forum but over the past several days I've been getting the following error message instead.  (Please scroll down past the picture for more information).

Verizon Community Login Error.jpg

Over the past few weeks this problem has been happening regularly except the problem usually goes away a few hours later or the next day and I'm able to log in using the procedure I described above.  But like I said before, I haven't been able to log onto the forum since Friday and I'm getting really frustrated.  I don't want the forum administrators blaming me or my computer for the problem because like I said I've been to log on successfully in the past and I've gotten the same error on several computers using both Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.  I also tried clearing all cookies and cache in both browsers and I still get the same error.  I also got the same error on both my HTC Thunderbolt browser and my HTC Droid Incredible browser.  This problem is obviously occurring because I must log onto "My Verizon" account first and then click on the "Support Community Forum" link to log onto the Verizon community forum.  I'm extremely annoyed because if I was able to log onto the community forum directly then I wouldn't have this problem since I know that other members of the Verizon customer council have been able to log on and post for the past several days.  I regret following the forum registration instructions that suggested I link my community forum account to "My Verizon" account.

Could you please ask someone who maintains the forum to look into this issue.  Could you also please ask someone to fix my forum account "Sam_K" so that I can log directly into the forum without having to log onto "My Verizon" account first.

If someone wants to call me about the issue, please have them call me at 917-748-3591.  Thanks.

Thanks.

Sam

------------------------------------------------------------

0 Likes
Re: Sam_K unable to access the forum...
Andreas601
Novice

I've been experiencing the exact same issue.

The only way I am able to log in to the community is to log into MyVerizon and link through from there. For the last several days I have received the same error message and got in touch with Kristy and as of tonight, I can again link through to the community after signing in to my Account on VZW. I am also not able to log into the community directly so when this link broke, my only way to log in was gone also.

0 Likes
andy_equus

Have you tried to delete all cache from your browser? which i am sure you have. try this link http://community.vzw.com/

0 Likes
Sam_K

Thanks Mike for posting this up.  I'm finally back on.  I got home late tonight and I figured I'd try to log on and it worked.  Kristy did respond to the email that Mike posted up and followed up again on Tuesday night indicating that the issue still wasn't resolved.  It really shouldn't have taken Verizon 5+ days to fix it.  I have so many threads I want to reply to and some new ones I want to start but I'll do it over the weekend if I still have power during the hurricane.  I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating it is when you're getting several email notifications over several days about responses to topics that you started or participated in and you can't log on to them. I really wish I could disconnect my Verizon community account from my "My Verizon" account. 

0 Likes
Sam_K

andy_equus wrote:

Have you tried to delete all cache from your browser? which i am sure you have. try this link http://community.vzw.com/

Yes I deleted my cache, cookies and even my entire history.  Kristy indicated that many people were having the issue.

I wish I could log on directly from community.vzw.com but I can't.

0 Likes
Andreas601
Novice

Sam_K wrote:

andy_equus wrote:

Yes I deleted my cache, cookies and even my entire history.  Kristy indicated that many people were having the issue.

I wish I could log on directly from community.vzw.com but I can't.

I'm with you...I don't understand why I can't just log in from community.vzw.com, but I guess as long as it works going through My Account on VZW, I will do it that way.

0 Likes
rick0204

I was having the same issue but was able to log in today.

0 Likes
MrWizard

I don't know whats going on, but its been a PITA ever since the switch to Lithium

I know ive been missing in action around here, been very busy, and when it takes SIX times or more entering the same ID and password before the server finally accepts it

it makes it very hard to stay interrested

add that to the fact you can't stay logged in and its a double whammy, i used to check several times a day

but i'm not one to put up with being frustrated with 6 or more login attemps multiple times a day

0 Likes
Sam_K

My frustration is similar.  Since I can't log on directly to community.vzw.com when I click the "View the reply" link in an email notification, I have click the email reply then click the Verizon Wireless logo or anythin else that gives a Verizon page with the "My Verizon" username and password fields.  Sometimes the website acts as if I'm still logged into "My Verizon" account even though it had timed me out a while ago and it takes a couple of more clicks on various options to finally get the website to display the "My Verizon" username and password fields.  Then after I log onto my "My Verizon" account I need to need the "Support Community forums" link from the "Support" option at the top of the page which finally logs me into the forum.  Then I can either navigate to the response in the topic manually or go back to the email and use the "View the reply" link.  It's just way too many "clicks" to get to where I want to be.  Now imagine doing all of what I just described on your smartphone.  If I had the ability to log directly onto the forum after using the "View the reply" link, it would be much quicker and easier. 

0 Likes