Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Thinking of adding a line to get the Maxx
payne

Thinking of adding a line to get the Maxx. What do you guys think? I like the long battery life.

0 Likes
Re: Member feedback on the Jive implementation of the VCC
techguru
Novice

Nice looking device and you can't beat the battery life.  I don't like the screen very much compared to the Rezound, and it shares the Bionic issue with 3rd party video camera apps if that is an issue for you.  Otherwise, not a bad choice at all.

Alan

0 Likes
Mark_Venture
Novice

When visiting a store to get bill reprints, I looked at the Razr and Razr Maxx.  To me their screens look no different than the Bionic.  Would you say that is an accurate assessment?

The Rezound screen does look nice.  And I'm really tempted to pick one up to replace my Thunderbolt (nothing wrong with the bolt, it just a year old now and I'm thinking its time for change...)

0 Likes
techguru
Novice

Yes, I agree, the Razr and Maxx seem to have identical screen to the Bionic.  Rezound is currently just $49 with 2 year contract if you have an upgrade to use.  I am still very happy with mine. 

Alan

0 Likes
Mark_Venture
Novice

Yeah, I know.  I have an upgrade available.   Just not sure if I want to pull the trigger. 

I guess it would be easier if I knew what was coming in the next two months, and what was happening with the VCC...

0 Likes
cinderbloke
Novice

Well, at least the RAZR/MAXX will may be getting an ICS soak test soon. According to DroidLife the upcoming soak test, which was originally supposed to be a bug fixer, will be replaced by ICS:

... the soak test for build 6.12.181 has been cancelled and that a soak test for ICS will start shortly in its place. After the soak test for 6.12.181 did not happen at all over the weekend, many of us were starting to wonder if Moto hadn’t scrapped it for ICS. Talk about a surprising and exciting change of events. For those not a part of MFN, you can usually expect some sort of official update to rollout within a couple of weeks, assuming the test goes as planned and without any major issues.

Happy?

Update:  We see that some of you aren’t buying it. What we do know is that Matt (the MFN forums manager) posted at 4:12PM today the following quote which has since reportedly been removed (emphasis CB):

Looks like we got a surprise people. This regular soak test has now turned into an official soak test for Android 4.0 also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. Please subscribe to this feed for updates and more information will be posted as soon as possible.

Thanks guys for hanging in there.

»»» BTW, would any of you mind if I 'branched' these RAZR-related posts to their own thread?

EDIT: 2010:04:11:08:51 Moved topic to its own thread by cinderbloke

0 Likes