Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Customer Council Community Guidelines
kristysaurus

Welcome to the Verizon Customer Council (VCC), an exclusive community for only the best and most influential Verizon customers.  With the VCC we wanted to create something valuable for a few, hand selected people who met our criteria.  More specifically, you have been chosen due to your active social media presence and overall online influence amongst your peers. 

That said we’d like the VCC to become a thriving, highly active community where all members are contributing and benefiting from each other.  Thus, by becoming a member, you are agreeing to participate on a regular basis which includes logging-in, creating posts, communicating and engaging with other members on a recurring basis.

But we wouldn’t ask you to contribute your valuable time without anything in return.  One of the benefits of being an active member in the VCC is that you’ll receive free Verizon products to test and explore before the official release to the general public.  For example, last month members received a free HTC Thunderbolt. However, by receiving free products, there are a few guidelines you’ll have to follow.  Please read carefully the following:

• In exchange for receiving free products we encourage you to share your thoughts through your social media profiles (i.e. blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

• When you create a post you must fully disclose your relationship with Verizon.  According to the FTC’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising any "material connection" (i.e. payments, free products) between the endorser (you) and the advertiser (Verizon) made through blog posts or in other social media environments must be fully disclosed.

• Here are a few ways you can fully disclose and abide by the regulation:
    • “Full disclosure: I periodically receive devices from Verizon Wireless, however opinions are mine”
    • “The HTC Thunderbolt reviewed in this blog post was a free device given to me by Verizon Wireless.  All opinions are strictly mine.
    • “Verizon gave me this Thunderbolt to try.”
    • “Thanks @VerizonWireless for the free Thunderbolt.”

Frequently Asked Questions re: FTC Regulation:

Q:  Can I endorse Verizon products based on the experiences of others?

A:  Endorsements must reflect your own honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience. If statements are made based on the experience of others, you must clearly state this.

Q:  Is it OK to lead my readers to believe I have used a Verizon product without actually having done so?

A:  No. when represented in writing that you have used a Verizon product, you must have been a bona fide user of the product.

Q:  Can I get in trouble for what I do and don't disclose in my writing?

A: Yes, media/bloggers are subject to liability for misleading or unsubstantiated statements. Non­compliance with disclosure obligations may also jeopardize your relationship with Verizon.

Q:  Do I need to disclose that I receive free product from Verizon each and every time?

A: Yes. You must always disclose material connection (free product, etc.) with Verizon.   The disclosure must be reasonably prominent and may not appear in a footnote or other inconspicuous location. We encourage bloggers to display this disclosure above the fold of the web page.

Q: If I receive a product from Verizon and use it as a giveaway prize on my site, do I need to disclose where the product came from?

A:  No. Unfortunately you cannot use any devices they you receive from Verizon as a giveaway or prize in contests, raffles, etc.

Q: If I purchase a Verizon product on my own, or a friend loans me a product, do I need to disclose my existing relationship with Verizon in my review?

A: No. If you purchased or received the product on your own and your review is based on your own experiences with said product, no disclosure is necessary. However, if you have an existing relationship as an ongoing, endorser with Verizon, the relationship should be cited.

In addition to the legal guidelines, here a few house rules we’ve put in place to make sure the VCC is a positive and enjoyable experience for all members.  Please take a few minutes to review the following guidelines.

What You Should Do:

• Be Nice – be polite and respectful in your interactions in the community.  This means no bad language; no racist, sexually explicit, obscene or hateful language; no insulting or attacking others (feel free do kindly disagree); no shouting (all caps); and no trolling.

• Be Respectful of Others — this community is designed to build a positive and mutually beneficially experience for all parties involved. Positive, constructive comments that are on topic will help maintain a positive spirit. It's important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one. So please follow the Golden Rule and treat others like you’d want to be treated. 

• Be Safe – do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe and be cautious with your interactions. Don’t share your personal information (or anyone else’s) including real names, home addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

• Be Honest — please represent yourself honestly and clearly.  Don’t create multiple accounts or pretend to be someone you’re not (like a Verizon employee). 

• Report Inappropriate Content — the moderators can’t realistically monitor every single user and post. If you see something that you feel violates our guidelines, please alert us right away.  The community will be a lot more pleasant and efficient if we help police ourselves.

• Talk to each other — feel free to talk to each other similar to other forums you may be a part of.  We want this to be a true community with the open sharing of ideas.

What You Should Not Do:

• No Spamming or Solicitation Please – repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is prohibited. This includes posting for the sole purpose of gaining a higher post count or rank.  Also, soliciting others for commercial or promotional purposes is also prohibited.

• Don’t Post Anything That Isn’t Yours – copyright rules apply to all content in the community.  This includes other people's photos, video, and/or content you've copied or collected from around the Internet.

• Don’t Go Off Topic – don’t go widely off-topic or evolve threads into personal conversations.   Try to always stick to the original topic that was stated by the person who started the thread. If you have a comment that is on a different topic, please start a new thread within the appropriate forum.

• Don’t Break Any Laws – the same laws in the real world apply here. If we identify any law breakers your account will be deleted and we'll take appropriate action, which may include reporting you to the authorities.

These rules apply to all community posts, and articles, videos, and chat comments, as well as private messages sent to other community members, employees, moderators and administrators.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Council Community Guidelines
Mark_Venture
Novice

Do we need to identifiy ourselves as VCC members when we post in the "open to the public" sections?

0 Likes
syntap

I have kind of done that already... my profile location is "Verizon Customer Council member, Northern Virginia"

The forum settings have a "title" field, I tried that first but it doesn't seem to display with forum posts.

0 Likes
Smuuth

Thank you for the clarification of the VCC rules.  I believe it will be very helpful, especially to those new members being recruited.

0 Likes
cinderbloke
Novice

Good idea, I've done the same.

0 Likes
kristysaurus

syntap wrote:

I have kind of done that already... my profile location is "Verizon Customer Council member, Northern Virginia"

The forum settings have a "title" field, I tried that first but it doesn't seem to display with forum posts.

Hi everyone,

I just got off a call with Verizon and they have asked that VCC Members not include their exclusive VCC status as part of their profile within the Verizon Community. There are a lot of power users already in the community and we don't want them to start asking questions about the VCC or why they weren't asked to join.

Thanks for your attention to this!

Kristy

0 Likes
grooves12

Thanks Kristy...

For further clarification on that point, should we post reviews in the general section of the forums, and include our VZWCC affiliation? Or should we avoid all mention of the VZWCC within these forums, and just keep the identification for public blogs?

0 Likes
Nathan0490

kristysaurus wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just got off a call with Verizon and they have asked that VCC Members not include their exclusive VCC status as part of their profile within the Verizon Community. There are a lot of power users already in the community and we don't want them to start asking questions about the VCC or why they weren't asked to join.

Kristy

Kristy,

Per your request I removed the VZWCC connection from my location and bio here on the community. However, it seems that the other members/customers here learning of our presence is inevitable. With a simple "Google Search" one can find proof of our existance.(just a thought)

-Nathan

EDIT:

grooves12 wrote:

Thanks Kristy...

For further clarification on that point, should we post reviews in the general section of the forums, and include our VZWCC affiliation? Or should we avoid all mention of the VZWCC within these forums, and just keep the identification for public blogs?

That's an excellent question as well. I'm confused as to if we should be posting reviews/comments about devices & services on the public section of the boards now because we must include our affiliation but that would conflict with what the Verizon contact you spoke to has said about keeping our existence here on the official forums under wraps.

0 Likes
kristysaurus

Nathan0490 wrote:

kristysaurus wrote:

Hi everyone,

Kristy

Kristy,

Per your request I removed the VZWCC connection from my location and bio here on the community. However, it seems that the other members/customers here learning of our presence is inevitable. With a simple "Google Search" one can find proof of our existance.(just a thought)

-Nathan

EDIT:

grooves12 wrote:

Thanks Kristy...

That's an excellent question as well. I'm confused as to if we should be posting reviews/comments about devices & services on the public section of the boards now because we must include our affiliation but that would conflict with what the Verizon contact you spoke to has said about keeping our existence here on the official forums under wraps.

You are encouraged to participate within the public Verizon forum and to share comments or reviews of devices and service. Please exclude your VCC affiliation within the Verizon forum but DO make sure you disclose your relationship when posting reviews on other social networks.

I am aware that other people can find out about the VCC. Our problem is that the VCC lives within the Verizon Community as a private category and we don't want to create issues among existing VCC power users. So basically the VCC exists, but it's home is a mysterious place :smileyhappy: Am I wording that correctly?

Please let me know if you haev any other questions.

Thanks!

Thanks,

Kristy

0 Likes
syntap

No problem, all VCC mentions removed from profile and sig.

So as I understand it we are here in the community using it as a platform, but there isn't really an intention or expectation of us to expand out in discussions outside the private area.  Reviews and such are meant to be posted mainly in other forums, blogs, Twitter/Facebook etc.

That make sense, as everyone in the regular Verizon forums are already active Verizon customers and there may not be much to add from us :smileyhappy:  But if we strip our profiles of VCC mentions here, we are still free to lend opinions and help to others.

0 Likes