Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
posts being censored again.
techguru
Novice
An apparently new moderator, Allenp, has been editing and deleting posts that talk about rooting and hacking.

Alan
0 Likes
Re: posts being censored again.
BlkGenius

Not again! I don't understand why moderators are coming into the VCC at all. There is no reason for them to moderate a PRIVATE subsection of the forum.

0 Likes
SimonD
Novice

Hello and thank you for letting us know.

Apologies for the error, we'll get it fixed asap :smileywink:

0 Likes
BlkGenius
Thanks a ton! We appreciate it.
0 Likes
techguru
Novice
thanks!
0 Likes
techguru
Novice
I suspect they have auto-filters that just alert them to keywords and they aren't activly reading every post. My post that got deleted for the work h-ck was about modifying a netbook to add a touchscreen. It had nothing to do with any Verizon product or service except in comparing my netbook to my Xoom.
0 Likes
Mark_Venture
Novice

Just follow up on this...

Yesterday, I posted in the Incredible HD/Vigor thread  re: 720p video, Tegra,  etc..   and I included a LINK to an XDA forums thread, and described it as a tweak to switch the Xoom (Tegra) camera to record video at 720p MP4, rather than the stock .3GP.

I got a PM from ALANP  a min or so later (which I didn't notice right away because,  unlike the old forums,  I didn't get a pop-up on my screen abou thaving a PM) saying a post of mine was edited for violating the TOS...   There was no link in the PM as to WHICH post,  so I had to MANUALLY find it...

I then typed another message, again including the link, and mention of what got edited..    It was DELETED.

I PM'd Alanp, saying that I thought the PRIVATE VCC section was NOT be censored,  and linked some of Kristy's post saying she'll get that fixed, etc.

Now the part edited from  my post is restored (by Simond), but the deleted post remains deleted.

(Since the original is back,  I don't mind the deleted one staying deleted.)

0 Likes
techguru
Novice

The speed with which you were notified lends further credence to my theory that there are key-word filters that notify moderators and that Allenp may not have even noticed which forum our posts were in before deciding to delete/edit them (I noticed the word "h@cked" in your now restored edited post, and that was also the word that got my post deleted).  Note to Verizon...  Hackers are the good guys, Crackers are the bad guys.....

I also immediately replied to his PM reminding him we are in a private section of the forum and are encouraged to be completely honest here so censorship is not appropriate.

Alan

0 Likes