Re: 2.2 just recieved
g0dhand

I read up on the update from AndroidCentral.com.

They say that it's the same file you would have gotten from the OTA (URL: android.clients.google.com)

How can we be sure that verizon doesn't include customer-specific information, e.g. - saved downloadable apps, user configuration schemas, etc?

Can this link be confirmed to be IDENTICAL (as in equal to) the same over the air update that everyone is waiting for?

If that's the case, then I'll download it and install it.

Also, another question:  If you do install via pulling this OTA from Google rather than having the OTA pushed to you from Verizon, then does the OTA from Verizon pass over your phone recognizing that you already have the OTA?

0 Likes
dadsterflip
Same exact one. When they got the download they just extracted the file. Everything stays the same. Icons are better and it doesn't wipe your phone.
0 Likes
dadsterflip
Make sure download profile and rename only once you transfer it using astrofile. If not you would have zip.zip and won't work.
0 Likes
dadsterflip
Astrofile
0 Likes
meyerrj

I did the androidcentral update, worked perfectly. No issues whatsoever.

All of my apps work, all of my sound preferences carried over. No problems whatsoever. 

No rooting required, just follow the instructions and you've got Froyo. 

Now, why the couldn't have Verizon just given us this update.zip themselves? 

0 Likes
dadsterflip
Yep works great.. but no battery fix... I can watch my batt percent go down with 5min etc. Any one come across this
0 Likes
joese

agreed!!

0 Likes
thomas2345

Bluetooth didn't work after update. It worked after a reboot. Flash operation: ESPN 3 works (sort of), Hulu doesn't work at all. One excellent benefit if you're using Activesync iwth a corporate MS Exchange server: The security login disappeared. You no longer have to login each time you use your device.

0 Likes
alotonmymind

got my and didnt load

0 Likes
g0dhand

I have the zip file right now on my machine.  I'm just going to rename it to "update.zip" on my computer first, and then port it to the root directory of my SD card that way.

Easier to rename there.

I also pinged http://www.android.com and http://android.clients.google.com to check the IP ranges.

Both of them are the same down to the last subnet.  So the addresses are legitimate.

I'm still reading through the posts though.  Sorry, but I'm quite skeptic. =P

0 Likes