Re: 2.2 just recieved
firestopper505

okay did the update from android central. all the **bleep** stress i did waiting, i decided to do it...lol

it was quick and painless besides having to do minor extra steps to do it versus the OTA. it took less than 10 minutes. has everything they said it would. call clarity seems crisp on the speaker the voice dialing is cool. good job to all involved

now i am wondering i thought in this update the home screen would beable to go landscape. correct me if i am wrong but i thought that was one of the changes. froyo is good for you...lol

also i put the "No Lock" app back so i can use any one of the keys to wake the phone and avoid the screen swipe. let me know if there is another option.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Just installed the update manually. Everything is up and working fine, as it should be and always has when androidcentral posts the info.

1. You absolutely CAN put the file on your desktop to rename before you move it to your phone. It'll work fine. If you do happen to have file extensions turned off so you can't see them in Windows, it gets a little tricky, but still no big deal. Make sure you follow directions and everything will be fine for you.

2. My one major comment is just this - These people were freaking out about receiving this??? Upset because it's taking so long? Why??? It does have different stuff in it, granted, but if this is all it takes to get you up in arms, I'd hate to see you in line at Wal-Mart when someone needs to go check a price. My goodness, I'll bet your head just about explodes.

3. This is how ALL of the updates work. They go out in groups. Always have, always will. Within a couple of days of starting, someone captures the image file and posts it online. It's always the same. If you're new to this, now you know. There isn't any need to get upset and it sure isn't going to make it happen any quicker, I promise. If you want it faster, do it yourself. If you're not new to this and you're still getting mad about it, then you obviously haven't learned anything from the past.

4. Also, as far as the warranty goes, I wouldn't sweat it. The manual update file on AC is the actual file that VZW sends out OTA. It's just that someone grabbed the URL it was coming from so the guys could download it manually and post it. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the update that is being installed from Android Central and the one that people are receiving OTA. None. Nada. Zip. There's honestly no way at all for VZW to know what method you used to get the update. Just delete the file from your SD card when you're done.

Anywhooooo... That's it folks. It's all good in the hood. For those of you who have increased blood pressure because of this, I recommend running over to AC and checking them out. Trust me, you'll feel better when you're done. One lesss thing to have a stroke about.

0 Likes
alotonmymind

got mine 1:10 indiana

0 Likes
dadsterflip
Thats what I said earlier. That there was no difference and works great. When you rename.the file just put update cause.your phone will add the zip other wise.it will.end up like. Update.zip.zip.
0 Likes
dadsterflip
So far everything is good but the 3g problem. It sometimes turns off and on . Just do *228 and usually fixes it.
0 Likes
MrDew

This guy is enjoying some froyo since 2:00pm eastern time down south in VA. Now just to sit back and see if that hurricane hits us or gives some massive waves.

0 Likes
Jarli

I got the update this morning around 10:30, only took 10 minutes to get installed which was cool. But as soon as it was finished my default browser is dead. It attempts to load, and then I get "Sorry! The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. "

On top of that I have a long list of Apps that launch without me launching them

Stocks

News

News and Weather..

VZNavigator

And QQ I have to pay to use the Mobile Hotspot.... defeats the purpose of having an Unlimited Data plan.... Maybe I can plug the DINC in like a USB Wifi-Card. Hrm..

Not for nothing, but I don't want these launching every 5 minutes or how ever often they are. ATK is the only thing helping me to save my battery, which is in the Red....

Guess I'm going into the store to have them fix my DINC..... I liked the default browser...... and those other apps launching is annoaying..

0 Likes