2.2 update, drains battery
mszyme

Does anyone else have a problem with the battery draining quicker with the new 2.2 update.  My battery dies less than a day even if I don't use it much.

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update, drains battery
brian_g05

I've been having the same problem, even with moderate use I used to be able to get almost 2 days out of my Droid, now with little use I'm lucky to get 16 hours. I also noticed that the Weatherbug app never seems to close. No matter how I close it, even with ATK is seems to turn itself back on automatically right away. Its possible other connectivity-oriented apps are doing the same.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you have a task killer, get rid of it.  Then check under Settings-About Phone-Battery Use and it should tell you what's using the battery.  Check the sync settings for apps and increase the interval it updates.  If you have apps like Weatherbug and have it set to use GPS, make sure GPS isn't staying on. 

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
PJNC is always right.
0 Likes
mulawdaog

I am having the same problem.  I could get a full day's use out of the phone prior to the update.  Now I can not even make it through a work day.  I have had Advanced Task Killer on the phone and will sporadically bring it up to kill applications.  Since the update, I can kill applications and then 5 minutes later a longer list of applications are running again.  This was not the case prior to the update. 

There is an obvious difference in battery life since the update. 

I have also noticed a Verizon widget that I can not remove from the homepage.  I also notice that VZ Navigator is now installed on my phone and it seems to be always running.

Any help to resolve these issues would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Suigeneris

I agree 100%. My battery life is so bad I can actually watch it drain. I have to charge before bed or it wakes me up beeping a dead battery. Also, some of my apps either run like crap or not at all. Specifically, Bank of America. I have to sign in 4 or more times. Verizon, if your reading this, I'm most likely going back to phone/text only. YOU have ruined the experience.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
GET RID OF YOUR TASK KILLER.
0 Likes
arlinny

YES! It goes much faster now. Went to Verizon and they installed Advanced Task Killer Free. Seems to do a little better job but it was better before.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

Oh well Cobjones... you tried. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@john...

Why does no one listen to me?

No one uses a search button either.