Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2.3.6 cant delete photos
eman126

My camera will freeze at times and I can not delete photos right now, It just sits there deleting and hangs up. I have resetted numerous times, this sux right now.  Any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: 2.3.6 cant delete photos
Blue218

I had the same problem....I just hooked up to my computer, via usb, and deleted them via my computer.

0 Likes
andrewww

yeah im having a similar problem also. except i can delete photos but it freezes the phone . i just wait and then it deletes it. but yesterday when i deleted a photo i had, my phone was slow for the rest of the day. like scrolling would be really laggy and just loading applications like messaging was really slow.

0 Likes
arch5

Did you install the recent software?  I did and I am having the same problem as the other posters.  After deleting a few photos from the phone (or from the gallery), I cannot delete other photos.  The viewer gets hung up and eventually has to force close.  The other applications also see to be lagging.  I think it has something to do with the update.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Novice
Try clearing the cache of the photo gallery.
0 Likes
arch5

Doesn't help.  I noticed a big change after I installed the new Samsung update.

0 Likes
gc4

I'm also having the same problem.  Got update on Friday 12/2/2011 Software V2.3.6 and started to have lots of problems.  First I noticed that not all my calls are coming in.  It will say that I had missed calls but the phone didn't ring.  It rings when it feels like.  But it will display that I had a missed call.  Second, I noticed that when I do get a call and it rings... the First ring it's very low then it gets loud on the second ring. I using the Andriod Bell Phone as my default tone.

Then I tried to take a picture and my phone became frozen... It didn't want to save my pictures. I went to try to delete some pictures and I just got a "Deleteing" message that never went away and I did a hard reboot, Took my battery out and replaced it and still not working. 

BEWARE of this update... You might have issues.  I have a DRIOD CHARGE and now I might have to take it to my local Verizon Wireless store to have it reset back to factory.  NOT GOOD!!!  Verizon... Please fix!  Or anyone has any Suggestions???

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Clear the data...  Don't worry it will not delete your photos.

Reboot the device then open the gallery.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi gc4,

I understand your discontent regarding the issues encountered after the software update. I would be very frustrated if I experience the same issues after a software update.

Please keep in mind that some third party applications may be conflicting with the software update recently installed and a factory reset may resolve all issues resulting from a software update.

I'd like to save you a trip to a Verizon Wireless store for a factory reset. You can find easy step by step instructions to perform a factory reset on your Samsung Charge device at the link below:

Factory Reset - DROID CHARGE 

Please note performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

0 Likes
Dannyk

This solution worked long enough to erase a few photos but then the gallery starts hanging up again making it impossibe to delete antmore photos.

0 Likes