2 problems since Update to Gingerbread
atlosci
Enthusiast - Level 2

1)  Any apps that I had saved to my sd card are now no longer recognized and I can't move them back from the sd card to the phone.   I have already pulled the battery and popped out the sd card and put it back in.

2)  I keep getting a low on space notification:  Phone memory shows 200MB used, 548MB free; sd card shows 773MB used, 1.1GB free.  What is the threshold that the devices uses to determine "low on space".  I've cleared a few apps and cleared the cache on the browser.  How do I get this notification to go away?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 problems since Update to Gingerbread
atlosci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Updating - after researching on androidforums.com

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/409767-problem-solution-after-gb-update-missing-apps-a...

I only had to unmount and remount the sd card.

The menu |settings | SD &phone storage | Unmount SD card then Remount SD card.

icons on the main home screens all seem to have come back ok, icons buried in folders on the home screens are still showing the generic android icon, but the apps do work.  Any rebooting of the device may cause you to have to repeat this procedure.

This also appears to have resolve the low on space issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
atlosci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Updating - after researching on androidforums.com

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/409767-problem-solution-after-gb-update-missing-apps-a...

I only had to unmount and remount the sd card.

The menu |settings | SD &phone storage | Unmount SD card then Remount SD card.

icons on the main home screens all seem to have come back ok, icons buried in folders on the home screens are still showing the generic android icon, but the apps do work.  Any rebooting of the device may cause you to have to repeat this procedure.

This also appears to have resolve the low on space issue.

0 Likes
jtoatoktoe
Enthusiast - Level 3
i would have told you earlier to try taking the card out and putting it back in, but I thought you said before you removed the card and tried that already :smileyhappy: Good Times!
0 Likes
atlosci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah - I did remove the card - what I didn't do was the unmount/remount steps.  That is what did the trick.

0 Likes
atlosci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well bummer - the Low on space error keeps coming back even after remounting the sd card.  Anyone know at what levels this indicator is supposed to come on?

0 Likes