eric4350

I am trying to do the *228 option 2 and it always fails? What gives?

0 Likes
Re: *228
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Location?

Does give you an error?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
eric4350

Tells me it's unable to update at this time and I should use a landline and call customer service. I'm in Michigan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Possibly a tower out in the area.

Or you could be in one of the area where the Verizon network was sold to AT&T as part of the requirements for the Verizon / Alltel merger. See link below for the locations.

http://www.cellularmaps.com/alltel_divest.shtml

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
eric4350

I'm in the blue area on the map. The reason I wanted to do the *228 was because 3g is slow in my area and was just giving this a shot. I have no problem with 3g in the city but has always been slow as I live and roam in my rural neighborhood.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you are roaming, then you are not connecting to Verizon towers or possibly even converted Alltel towers.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello eric4350,

Are you still located in the Michigan area in which you were experiencing issues?  If so, I would love to check some details and do some troubleshooting to assist you with your device?  What city and zip code are you in when having opportunities?  What type of device do you have?  If you are still experiencing issues please advise me of the information above and I can further assist you.   You can also check the exact areas coverage here by clicking coverage area locator.  Thank you.    

0 Likes