32gb micro sdhc ??
AZ_Jim

When I had the Incredible on order, I went searching for the 32gb card.  I found one online at a ridiculously low price ($22) so I figured I'd just take a flyer and see what happens.  It took a while to get here from China and the package looks valid - says SanDisk 32gb.  The micro card inside is also labeled SanDisk 32gb.  However, when I install the card in says just 15.84gb in the phone.  I've tried several different ways of formatting - the last and most successful was with the card mounted as a disk drive via the phone's usb.  Still formats to the16gb and the only size option on the format window is the 16gb. 

So, is what I have actually a mis-labeled 16gb card or am I missing something in the formatting?  Even if it is a 16gb card, that's not too shabby of a price. 

Opinions please?

Jim

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 32gb micro sdhc ??
AZSALUKI
Legend

sounds like it's a 16 gb card. the bad news is that if it is, then the seller ripped you off. the good news is that you're correct....that's still a great price!!!  i'd love to see someone that has actually installed a 32 gb. the specs on the htc site says the phone supports it....but i've actually seen some 3rd party sites review the htc inc. and refer to a "16gb expandable slot." it's prolly a mistake....but i'd like to verify that someone has successfully formatted a 32 gb micro in their htc inc.  they retail for close to $200 (for class 2....don't even know if they have class 4 or 6?)!!!! i'll definately wait for them to come down in price...AND to find someone that's put one in their phone.

0 Likes
leilahsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would be curious to see if it's the phone or the actual card.  I suppose you don't have a laptop with a card reader to see if the laptop reads it as a 32gb.

0 Likes
AZ_Jim

I do believe that it was the card since I did attempt to format on two different PCs with the same result.  Actually, the PCs tended to freeze up with that card in the card reader.  The most reliable access was when the phone was mounted as a disk drive.

0 Likes
emspilot
0 Likes