Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3G stopped working, Verizon sent a replacement phone and then charged me stating that my droid had water damage. Phone has never been wet. Anyone else had this problem?
cwlsn

My Droid 3G stopped working a few weeks ago, everything else worked fine. Worked with the Verizon techs on three different days and finally they said that this was a problem with Droid phones and that they would send me a replacement. Got the replacement and sent back my old phone only to be charged $299.00. When I called they said that my phone had water damage. The phone has never been wet. They also stated that they had sent an e-mail and letter with pictures of the damage but never recieved either. Now the won't return the phone or let me return the replacement. Anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: 3G stopped working, Verizon sent a replacement phone and then charged me stating that my droid had water damage. Phone has never been wet. Anyone else had this problem?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I have been on this board for 3+ years, I have never seen such a post.

0 Likes
Re: 3G stopped working, Verizon sent a replacement phone and then charged me stating that my droid had water damage. Phone has never been wet. Anyone else had this problem?
commonsense101

Ask for the pictures again, they wont send the phone back. Once it hits the warehouse its over

0 Likes