Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
klong
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having this issue for months, it seemed to get WORSE after the update to the bionic this week. Customer Service seems to have NEVER heard of this issue. Funny since you go on this forum and there are hundreds of posts about it for months.

DrewVT6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been struggling with this in Orange County, CA, too! Haven't been able to even upload a picture to Facebook without an issue. I can't get directions to work unless I pull sit and wait sometimes up to 10minutes. Quite frustrating after the level of network availability I've become used to since I started using the phone in November.

B33
Legend

When the Indicator Goes to White it means the phone is not syncing with the Google Servers it could be a Google thing if it's happen all the Time..Possibly and it could be crews are in the area working to fire up more tower with 4G..b33

0 Likes
Buzz720
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem for a few weeks now. I have tried cycling with airplane mode, I've tried taking out the battery, new sim card, wiped phone, replacement phone and nothing fixed the problem. I called verizon and the problem got submitted to the network guys. I am suppose to hear back from them by the end of the week

B33
Legend

That is not going to help a bit if the Indicator is Flashing back N fourth & quite often and sometimes goes to 3G But was working when you got the phone. There could be an issue with the Google Servers or there working on your in the Area jump in you car an safely go around were you think the Verizon towers are an see if there are crews working on them or Just call C.S. or go by your Local store an ask Let them know what the Indicator is Doing if you go to the Store Go were the 4G phones and see what there indicators Show if there acting in the Same Way then you know there Working some were in the Area..Ok  Do some Checking out of the  stuff i listed an see That's what i do.. b33

0 Likes
BluJay75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having problems...even after update to .905 load.  I never have the problems if I force my Bionic to CDMA only (3G), but not convinient since I can't use voice and data at the sime time then!  Seems to be hit and miss as I travel around the metro area, so maybe an issue with certain towers "not being upgraded"?  Funny thing is that white 4G has full bars sometimes when there is no data connection present.  I plan to bring my phone in tonight to a VzW store and check into getting a new 4G card and calling Customer Service.  I'm about ready to throw my phone too!!  I wonder if the 4G LTE RAZRs are having the same problem?  I got VzW to credit half my data bill because my Bionic has 10 gigabit plan and I can't even use the data intermittently!

0 Likes
ms02606

I'm having the same issues with my Droid RAZR Maxx in Kennesaw, Georgia. The thing is, I've had the problem here in Kennesaw, Atlanta (which is 20 miles away) and in Savannah (which is 300 miles away.) I'm convinced it had something to do with my sim card, but I have not removed it since I got my phone (when it first came out) and the problems just started recently.

Maybe it has something to do with heat, maybe the Sim card can get damaged when overheating. Being in the south, my phone has gotten up to 104 degrees at times but I immediately stick it in front of an AC vent to cool it down.

Same as someone else said, 3G isn't having this problem either.

I'm going to the Verizon store in a few minutes to talk to them and see if I can get a new Sim card for free.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

While there at the Store Look at the 4G devices an see what there indicators are Showing. If they issue you a new Sim Make the Gold area of it is Not Touched. There very sensitive to Static electricity in our bodies an the Oils in that are in our Fingers..

0 Likes
XTORO

Same thing here Seattle WA .... started a week before the 5.9.905 release. phone was working great before, now its a paper weight!!!!! 

0 Likes
Mr4G
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got a  refurbished replacement from VZ yesterday and the issue with the data is still happening with me. Not sure what to do next, I could switch to 3G, but to me what's the point of having a 4G phone and unlimited 4G plan.

I'm a power user. I'm a system Admin so I'm on the phone, checking email and tethering my iPad or laptop to my phone constantly. trying to do that on 3G IS impossible. Having my data go out in the middle of a support call sucks major balls and is very frustrating to say the least.

I don't know if its the network of the phone, but before about a month ago both were really solid. I had steady 4G 99% of the time.

B33, I tried you suggestion and even in a Verizon store my phone would just randomly lose data connection. All the demo phones were 4G with strong 4bar signals.

Anybody else with any ideas......

Do any Verizon Support officials ever monitor these forums at all? A little VZ love would be great.