Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
Jagged78
Enthusiast - Level 2

>Post deleted to comply with VZW ToS. Discussion of moderation will not be tolerated on this board<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

patdb23

It seems like Verizon is spending way too much time deleting posts and zero time what so ever in providing information to its customers as to what the problem is and how it is to be fixed. Shame on Verizon.

>I would like to address your post. Moderators are not techs, we are not Customer Service Reps. We are here to keep threads on topic, keep the board clear of profanity and personal attacks and to address the posts that violate the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

As for providing information to aid customers with their issue, this site has never been presented as a place for customers to look for or expect help from VZW Technical or Customer Service Reps.  This is a peer to peer site where customer will help other customers. On occasion, a rep may come through to help with posts, but there are many, many more ways to get a more expedient response and solution; Twitter, Facebook, 800-922-0204, or even the Contact Us option in the upper right of this screen.

I hope I was able to help you better understand the structure of this forum.<

Verizon Moderator

><

0 Likes
patdb23

Right, so as a peer to peer site, we the customers, who are not getting any assistance from its provider (who has not provided none, zero help what-so-ever on this major issue) are providing ways to overcome the solution on our own, and if you're not providing a solution to the matter, then you are only adding to the problem by interfering with our conversations.

0 Likes
ben1492
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of my own Terms of Service is to actually have service (of the 4G LTE

variety)

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This site has always been peer to peer, patdb23. Up until a few years ago, there wasn't even any VZW employees from the social team posting on the community for additional assistance with questions that can't be answered by other customers. The Moderators and Administrators keep the community running by adding new boards when needed and keeping the ToS followed by the users. If you don't agree with the ToS, you are certainly welcome to not return to the community.  It is a free country after all. Good luck.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
xip080
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replies to this thread have been blowing up my inbox for days. It's not relevant to me because I don't have a Bionic anymore. This issue was the last straw. Anyway, here's the deal... There is no fix available. Verizon couldn't make your Bionic work right even if they wanted to. Motorola broke 4G with their last update in early June, and they are the only ones who can fix it. Word is that it will be fixed with the next update, the ICS update, which is supposed to come out mid to late August. But you really never know when for sure on timing. In the meantime you can either complain to Verizon until they offer you a different phone, or you can set your Bionic to CDMA-only and wait for the patch.

0 Likes
ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

What pisses me off is that verizon is more interested in how much more money they can get by changing data plans, than they are at  fixing a known problem. I guess they figure they have us by (edited to comply with VZW Community Tos) because of the contract.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MarkOmaha

I find that not installing the facebook app or having it running keeps me from losing data connection.  But I still have GPS issues.  Maybe the GPS issue is what is causing the data connection to be lost.  But if I don't have facebook running no data loss.  Two days of no facebook equals no data connection drops.  I had data connection issues for the past 4 weeks prior.

0 Likes
davey7173

My wife and I both have the Droid bionic, We live in silicon valley and every 5 minutes our 4G LTE connection signal is lost it's so bad that it won't even go down to 3G signal. Sometimes it just go blank and at times both of our phones will randomly reboot itself an even that don't seem to help! getting sick of this! she works in Mountain view,ca and I work in San jose and our signal is really bad!

0 Likes
HLLUGO

I don't know what to add anymore than everyone else has added...guess just wanted it noted that I have the same problems too. I constantly lose my data connection. I switch over to just 3G service but it doesn't correct this condition.

Yes, like everyone else this started when I updated my Droid Bionic to .905. Someone in this forum mentioned that when they had Facebook not running, there phone worked fine. I didn't even have Facebook on my phone but problem was happening. Even my GPS goes out constantly which is rather annoying when you have no idea where you're going. ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING OF NOTE: My phone takes forever and I mean forever to restart. My friend has the Galaxy Nexus and we both started our phones at the same time. Her phone started within about 30 seconds, my phone took between 2 1/2 to 3 minutes to start. It's a very long time to wait for a phone to start...anyone else having this problem?  And yes, I followed the steps in doing a Cache reset as per someone else's steps I followed on here.

0 Likes