4G disconnecting constantly???
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

my Droid Bionic has been disconnecting its 4G at random times and very often. When its using 3G, it seems much faster than the 4G connection as well. I would definitely appreciate some help or advice on what i can or should do. thank you.

0 Likes
Re: 4G disconnecting constantly???
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem in the Chicago area...also on a Droid Bionic.  If I run SpeedTest, I have about a 50/50 chance of it completing without a data disconnect.  First noticed this happening yesterday while using Navigation.  I rebooted today and removed the battery.  No change, and very frustrating.

JT_Drago
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Southern California and 4G also drops when doing anything that requires data. I also have the Droid Bionic. Hopefully this gets resolved soon because it's very frustrating...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a maintenance update available for the DROID Bionic. It might take a week or two to reach your device, but you can certainly check to see if you can pull it down to your phone.

http://m.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic-now-receiving-small-ota-maintenance-update

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

amandafail

I'm in Savannah, GA and having the same problems and have so since I got the phone last November but it seems to be getting worse.  I hardly ever have a strong 4G signal and my phone does not toggle (for lack of another word) between 4G and 3G which means I'm left with Zero G!  I hope the update arrives soon, but as usual I'm sure the south will be the last to see it!

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally received the 5.9.905 update.  I am still frequently being disconnected from 4g.  If I switch to 3g, then it is completely stable...I just cannot stand the 3g speed after zipping along on 4g.

Other than this small group, I don't see complaints reported any where else.  Is it just Bionic owners with this problem?  Just users in a certain area/region?  If anyone else is experiencing 4g disconnects, please state your device and market.  I've had this behavior for a week!

Droid Bionic - Chicago area

0 Likes
rarbuckle
Enthusiast - Level 2

4 bionic users in my department. All of us have started getting frequent disconnects from 4g starting in the last couple of weeks. I also have a 4g aircard at my desk, but don't have any problems with it maintaining connection.

0 Likes
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

i got the update for my bionic but there's still frequent disconnecting. anyone else getting this?

brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  I received the update 5 days ago and still experiencing the same problem on my Bionic in the Chicago Area.  I've switched to 3g which is completely stable on my device.

Wolf - what market are you in?

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just found a similar discussion with the same issues in a Motorola Razr forum.

0 Likes