Re: 4G disconnecting constantly???
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm in the central valley area in california

0 Likes
JT_Drago
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was ok after the update for a couple of days, but today I started to have trouble with 4G dropping out again. The problem only seems to be with Motorola devices because my daughter has an LG phone and she has no problems.

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

Over in the Razr forum, VZW Support recommended installation of an app called Restore Connectivity Settings.  Some users say it resolved their issue.  For others, it did not.  App is written by Motorola for Razr, so cannot be installed on Bionic.

0 Likes
Mr4G
Enthusiast - Level 3

Feeling your pain here in Los Angeles as well as others too:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775204

I've had 2 BIONICs both with the latest updates and still having disconnect issues. Might be me just being stubborn, but I just think its silly that support recommended that I switch to CDMA only since its been stable. I might as well kept with my DroidX in that case.

0 Likes
LemmyCaution
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also in L.A.  (Westside - Southbay to Beverly Hills)

My Data Connection problems started with the application of the .905 update. Calls to tech support have been pleasant but unhelpful.

VZW shipped a new SIM which I will try but, I don't think it's the SIM. Anecdotally from other online sources, there are programming changes occurring (Bionic and Razr) in anticipation of ICS.

If this problem mirrors the past; all will become clear once the problem is resolved - unfortunately well after many of us have spent hours trying to 'fix' a device that isn't really broken but certainly appears to be broken.

😉

0 Likes
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

i found this and tried it out, so far, it's been working out just fine, but then again, it's only for about 20 or so minutes. This isn't my actual work, just something i found off an actual Bionic only forum.

"I discovered that if you put the phone into airplane mode, power down. Power up, wait for the apps and everything to boot up, like a solid boot up. Airplane mode will still be engaged, turn it off, while you do this, take a look at your lte signal do a glitch, it flashes from one set of bars to another. One set apears to have more bars, that are finer.

They quickly disapear and you see your usual four bar 4glte signal. At this point, if in a good coverage area(i have two bars al the time at home) I can almost guaruntee your phone wont skip a single beat. I am amazed that this worked so well. I mean, i do not in anyway want to refuse the new hardware i am receiving and becoming a bionic vet... But the fact of the matter is, since i  bought my phone on luanch day, it has NEVER worked this good."

0 Likes
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

unfortunately this didnt last too long Smiley Sad oh well, guess we need to search even more for a fix....

0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Thunderbolt and have had issues with 4G dropping in Chicago as well.  I had no issues in NYC or Maryland but its happened pretty consistently in Chicago.  I did a factory reset but it didn't help.

0 Likes
H2OSkiBum

Same problem in Republic, MO would drop calls all the time, now the last few days I had no service in the afternoons then the phone started to reboot now in airplane mode can not turn it of so I have no service...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

H2OSkiBum wrote:

Same problem in Republic, MO would drop calls all the time, now the last few days I had no service in the afternoons then the phone started to reboot now in airplane mode can not turn it of so I have no service...

Your connection might be affected by the fact there is testing going on in your area for a future expansion of the 4G LTE network in that area.  Press Release

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes