Re: 4G disconnecting constantly???
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

So here is another way to get by and still use 4gLTE until Verizon determines the source of data connectivity issues experienced by their customers.

I came across the turn-airplane-mode-on-powerdown-power-up-wait1minute-airplane-mode-off solution...and just like the powerdown-remove-battery+sim-card-wait5minutes-reassemble-powerup solution, it worked great...but eventually data disconnects returned.  I realized that the initial data connection/authentication to LTE was stable.  It was my phone's later attempts to reconnect that would not remain stable.  I had my Bionic's settings-battery and data manager-battery mode-custom battery saver set to turn-off data during peak hours after 15 minutes (I did this originally to extend battery life by only having the antenna powered on when needed).  I changed this setting to Always On (selecting Performance Mode will do the same), then turned the phone off/on.  I did this 10 days ago, and I have only once experienced the data connection flashing from blue-white-gone-white-blue-white-etc since.  BUT WHAT ABOUT BATTERY LIFE?-Impact to battery life is minimal as I am still able to make calls and moderately uses apps and still have more than 5% battery after 16 hours off the charger.

I still feel Verizon has a network problem to resolve, but I prefer this solution to leaving my phone in 3g, which does easily reconnect to the network whenever I wake the phone.  This solution is not going to work well for someone that moves in+out of 4gLTE areas, or becomes disconnected from data entirely.  It has worked well for me in the Chicago area as both work and home are in good LTE coverage areas.

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

In in the SF, CA with a Bionic that has these data issues. I've been having them from day one as well. Since then I've been doing the take-out-battery and wait method but even that's starting to fail. I've always had my phone on "Performance Mode", so that won't help. I'd appreciate any thoughts on it.

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you still have data connection issues if you force the phone to 3g?

I bought my Bionic within 30 days of release.  My data connection problems only started in early June.  This was before the 5.9.905 update.  905 did nothing to change my situation.  If you've had a data connection issue since you purchased, I'd say either get a new SIM card from Verizon, or return the phone.

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I don't have the issues if I force it to be on 3G. It's only on 4G. I'll give Verizon a call again ask for a new SIM card to see if that helps. Returning the phone will follow. I got the phone last October. When it started to happen, the VZW reps would say that a software update was coming and it would fix the issue. I think 2-3 or updates have come since then and they have not solved my issues.

0 Likes
shedoowop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was running well until the 905 update.  My 4G has been in the crapper ever since then.  I had assumed it was a flaw with the 905 release.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to fully enjoy the capabilities of your Droid Bionic eelinares! Did you receive your new SIM card? Did it improve the performance? If you find the difficulties continue, I recommend keeping the device in 3G/CDMA mode for a more stable connection.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
massdelusion
Enthusiast - Level 1

You know, people aren't paying the highest prices in the entire market for all these b.s. "workarounds"... "did you switch to airplane mode?' "Did you power-cycle it?" "Did you remove/replace SIM card?" "Did you stand on your head while holding an electric toothbrush between your thighs whist squawking like a chicken?" Just fix the thing, or replace it with a functioning model. My Bionic wasn't free, I pay Verizon $115/month. I'd like a data connection that stays on. I feel that Verizon has broken their contract with the customer, and I am about an inch away from switching to T-Mobile. No way in hell I'm gonna pay an early termination fee, either. In fact, I may be sending YOU a bill for all the times it WON'T connect, which is most of the time. The Droid Bionic is a faulty phone, and you guys have known it for awhile. You sold me a piece of junk. And BTW, the 905 update made it WORSE!

eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should receive the SIM card later this week. I'll come back with results.

I'm taken aback by your recommendation to keep the device in 3G if the issue continues, though. That's the wrong message to send to your customers who paid a lot of many for this device to work with 4G.

ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

You wrote:

"turn-airplane-mode-on-powerdown-power-up-wait1minute-airplane-mode-off solution...and just like the powerdown-remove-battery+sim-card-wait5minutes-reassemble-powerup solution, it worked great...but eventually data disconnects returned.  I realized that the initial data connection/authentication to LTE was stable.  It was my phone's later attempts to reconnect that would not remain stable.  I had my Bionic's settings-battery and data manager-battery mode-custom battery saver set to turn-off data during peak hours after 15 minutes (I did this originally to extend battery life by only having the antenna powered on when needed)."

------------------

The problem is in the phone (and it is not a Motorola problem)

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you expand on that?

0 Likes