4g randomly turning off on Droid 4
ejackson18
Enthusiast - Level 2

So recently when I'm using my Droid 4, the 4g icon will go from blue to white and my data will stop working. It happens in areas that I usually have 4g and when I haven't moved an inch so I don't think it's because of loss of connection, but I could always be wrong. My mom, who has the Droid Razr, never has this happen to her, so I think it may be an issue with my phone. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there any way to fix it? I can usually get to work again by turning my phone off then back on, but it'd be a pain in the butt to have to do that every time. Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
Re: 4g randomly turning off on Droid 4
Oogaman00
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens to me too, and Verizon does not acknowledge ever hearing of it before.  I think the problem is it is not downshifting to 3G when it should

0 Likes
moonryder2

mine does that too, also I noticed that it freezes up at times...

0 Likes
Oogaman00
Enthusiast - Level 2

so motorola phones juist suck.... knew I should have got an LG ha

WayneT

My phone just recently stopped connecting to 4G or 3G. I also get an icon next to my network connection which shows a memory card and a diagonal line thru the memory card. The only way to remove it is to reboot the phone. It seems to happen about every 12 hours. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I have called Verizon and gave them the information but I have not heard back from them.

0 Likes
ed7570

I have had my Droid 4 since May 1, & mine started doing same thing about 2 weeks ago.  My husband has the razr maxx & just got ICS update 6/30/12.  He said that his phone was doing the same thing right before he got the update.  So not to get anyone's hopes up, but maybe it has to do with the update for Droid 4.  But still very annoying & hopefully won't have to deal with it much longer.  Just wish that Verizon would keep us up 2 date on what the hell they are doing in the background & what we should expect, like an actual release date of ICS update & not "Q3" that Motorola has on their site. 

0 Likes
Dudesfl

I have also recently had many problems with data connection. i will have no connection or the phone will just switch to 4g or 3g all in the  space of a few minutes. I have had the phone replaced and sim card to no avail. I do not use wireless or play games on the phone. I am really irritated. Phone was just switched as of Friday this is monday, and still doing the same thing.

0 Likes
Oogaman00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone's phone been working any better?  It still wont downshift into 3G life it should when necessary and 3G wont work at all if I manually switch it on, but the 4G seems to be holding a bit better

0 Likes
Seductive1

I have experienced this issue with my Droid 4 also. I have had mine since February and this just started happening frequently about 3 weeks ago. I started powering my phone off and on but it is starting to occur daily. I am in a really good 4g area and it also occurs when you switch to "cdma only". I actually just got a replacement because the battery was starting to drain quickly. I know 4g phones batteries aren't the best but I had to start charging my phone twice a day. Besides i have yet to receive a software update. I believe I may just call Motorola to make them aware.

0 Likes
dieselderek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having this same issue with my Droid 4.  I contacted tech support and supposedly they are aware of this problem and there is a software download that is supposed to be released at the end of July.  We'll see.  For now I guess we are all stuck paying for data packages that we cannot use.  That's awesome! 

0 Likes