5.9.901 Droid Bionic Update
zakcalator

I want to be pushed that update for Bionic sw 5.9.901.  My local Verizon Store said that I should receive it. Is there anyway i can be pushed that update

0 Likes
Re: 5.9.901 Droid Bionic Update
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

menu>settings>about phone>check for software updates... crap, not sure if those two steps are right, its in  there somewhere.  If that doesn't work, all you can do is wait.

0 Likes
SaddleTramp

The update hasn't been pushed out to everybody yet. Not sure what the hold up is because it fixes all the radio 3g/4g data issues everyone is having. I happen to be running it and loving it :smileyhappy:  rumor is it will get pushed to everyone soon. So it's the waiting game, but I think it is going to be worth it.

0 Likes
VEN

Is this some new update after Verizon released version 5.5.893 couple of weeks back through offical OTA? More details please.

0 Likes
Maglockd

I still have yet to recieve any update...

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
No update here.. why do I want it? Does it break anything? My phone has been working flawlessly after the last update. What does it do?
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it'll get there when it gets there. the droid x update came out ota in july & some folks have only recently received it.

0 Likes
idrift
Enthusiast - Level 2

The hold up is that .901 doesn't fix the 3g/4g issues for everyone, only some. The are still tweaking

it out. Hopefully it will hit soak tests soon but it will no longer be .901

0 Likes
barry206
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually called last night about my DROID Bionic and some of the issues that it started to have over the last week. Verizon informed me that the new upgrade 5.9.901 would be available today to Verizon customers...however, when i go and check for software upgrades, it states that there is none. I do not know if this is just Verizon's way of pushing people off the phone when there is an issue with the phone that they do not know how to fix or what. I am going to give it another day or so and then call back to Verizon if there is still no updates available.

0 Likes
idrift
Enthusiast - Level 2

Barry,

Here's what's really going on.

The 901 update was leaked out over a month ago. It fixes a lot of

problems, I'm running it now,

however I will still get random drops of data. It will hand off to 3g

better and recover better but

there are still issues.

There is a soak test of an update coming out this Friday. It will be