7 month old Incredible 2 not charging
ketgp

Talked to tech support and they thought it was the power button....decided to put my battery in my daughters phone and it started working.  Shouldn't the batter last longer than 7 months?  If I go to the store to get a new battery will it be covered under warranty since the phone is less than a year old?  Can I even get a battery at the store or do I have to order online and then wait?

0 Likes
Re: 7 month old Incredible 2 not charging
Dolarbil85

I have the same problem, Only verizon replaced my battery yesterday(for free) and my phone was charging the battery. But today I am having the same issue. My phone won't charge or turn on. and I am getting a notification that the charging port is not strong enough to charge phone. but that happens no matter where i plug it in. Think the charging port is faulty

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ketgp,

I can imagine the frustration that your battery concerns have caused.  I would like to make sure that the device works the way it should!  As you have confirmed the battery appears to be defective. To confirm, has there been any physical or liquid damage apparent on the battery or device?  Does the battery seem swollen or malformed?  If there has been no damage the manufacturer allows us to honor the warranty on the battery for one year from the original date of purchase at no cost to you.  Some of our corporate retail locations may carry replacement batteries.  I would suggest calling ahead to confirm if they are in stock.  If necessary, please feel free to send me a direct message and I would be happy to assist with the battery warranty replacement.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
brady_hutcuison

ive had this same issue and i sent my phone in once and they sent me a replacement and now the new phone is doing the same thing again.

0 Likes
Ntelekt

Yalek,

Ironically, I have been having the same problem this week!

I have a charger at home, in the car, and at work...and all of a sudden a couple of days ago, my phone will not hold a charge!

I don't know if its the battery or the actually plug interface (that's my belief). I purchased the phone back in June, so it isn't even a year old yet! If the problem IS the phone and not just the battery, would I be able to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Ntelekt,

Lets get that fixed for you. Send me a private message with your name and mobile number. Additionally, include the best contact number and time to reach you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Lena A.

Follow me on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ntelekt

Hello, Lena.

Thanks for the response.

Actually, I went to one of the local stores on Saturday and they verified that my charging port was defective.

They have sent me a “new” phone, I returned mine to them a couple of days ago.

So far so good.

Thanks again.

atw

0 Likes
nin1066
Enthusiast - Level 2

just starting having that issue myself.  I have been to the verizon store twice and on the phone once.  received different answers every time.  have changed chargers and all doing the same.  have ordered new batteries from cellphoneshop.com (cheapest around) and am going to try that although after reading this, I don't think that is the problem.  I think the charging port is failing.  Only solution verizon is offerring (phone is 14ths old) is new phone at full price!   Smiley Sad.  I guess that is how they treat their customers of 10 years.  Open to any suggestions if anyone has any!

0 Likes
droidHeadache

Lena,

I have been having this same problem for almost 2 weeks now.  I went to the Verizon store twice.  The first time I was told my battery was probably dead and should buy a new one ($35).  I got the new battery but once it died I could not charge again.  2 days later I returned to the Verizon store to be told it was "probably my charger port" and that I should wiggle the cord around until I see the charging light come on and not touch it.  This still did not work.  I ordered an outlet charger from cellphoneshop that will charge the battery outside of the phone ($30) I have not received it yet so I don't know if it will work.  In the meantime I did some Googling online and found a resolution to do a factory reset on my phone.  I did this and it seems to have somewhat fixed the problem, I can now charge my battery with the cord, but if I leave the charger plugged in too loner it ends up draining the battery and then I have the no power problem again. I've found that this problem is happening to a lot of people.  Quite a lot of them posting right here on Verizon's forum page.  My question is, if this is a known problem with the HTC Phone, why do the service reps at the VZ stores not know about it and continue to sell us batteries we do not need?  I don't believe I needed to spend the $35 on a new battery and I think VZ should reimburse me for that cost.  I know I will not get another HTC phone again, possible not even a Droid, my kids all have iPhones and it seems they have less problems and if they do Apple takes care of it immediately.

0 Likes
droidHeadache

nin1066, read my post above, reply to Lena.  I just started having this problem myself and VZ has not been much assistance at all.  I don't think it is a faulty port problem or a dead battery issue.  I read online to perform a factory reset which did work for a couple of days but it still is not right.  If I plug in overnight it quits charging and drains the battery to the point I can't turn on again.

0 Likes