A word on Gingerbread update
jschmitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

"OTA (Over The Air) Push / Pull Details DROID Charge (i510) – MR3 Version EP4 will be pushed Tues 11/29 at noon to 1K customers followed by 19K at 9:00PM Eastern. There will be the ‘soak’ period to evaluate the push. Upon success, beginning Thurs 12/1 at 11:59PM we will ramp up the daily push quantity to 100K, followed by the remaining base on Fri 12/2. Users will not be able to pull the software. Download times 2–5 minutes – depending on network conditions."

Looks like the majority will get it later in the week.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: A word on Gingerbread update
jschmitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is official confirmation that its rolling out.  I will stand by my original post and say it will be a few days for some before they see it.  Your not going to be able to automatically pull it down.  

http://www.androidcentral.com/gingerbread-samsung-droid-charge-rolling-out-now

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
What our who is the source of this info?
0 Likes
jschmitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

This came from XDA but as a Android/Verizon phone owner I would agree that this is probably the path as it happened when they updated the Fascinate to Froyo .  I was one of the first ones to get the update but many even after doing the manual update didn't get it for five days later.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Cool, well hopefully all goes as planned and everyone gets it within the next 4-5 days then.
0 Likes
UMFootball1989
Could you post the link to that information?
0 Likes
NoLeafClover

Recieved mine OTA ...the file is 114.4MB

0 Likes
majael
Contributor - Level 1

jschmitt wrote:

"OTA (Over The Air) Push / Pull Details DROID Charge (i510) – MR3 Version EP4 will be pushed Tues 11/29 at noon to 1K customers followed by 19K at 9:00PM Eastern. There will be the ‘soak’ period to evaluate the push. Upon success, beginning Thurs 12/1 at 11:59PM we will ramp up the daily push quantity to 100K, followed by the remaining base on Fri 12/2. Users will not be able to pull the software. Download times 2–5 minutes – depending on network conditions."

Looks like the majority will get it later in the week.

Based on the numerous posts this morning of overnight notices and installs, I'm not convinced this is entirely accurate, but couldn't point to anything that directly contradicts it, either.  If the 9pm push was delayed for some reason... say it was for 3 to 4 hours to address something discovered in the OTA delivery that was causing some of the first batch of failed updates... then it might make more sense.

0 Likes
NoJolt4U

I think I got it last night.  I have hardware version i5.10.06  Firmware version 2.2.1 Baseband Version i510.06 V.EE4  SCH-I510.EE1  Kernal Version 2.6.32.9  se.infra@SEI-07 #1  Build number SCH-i510.EE4

Does that sound right?  What is a noticable charactistic of the new update?  What should I expect to see available with it?

Thanks

0 Likes
UMFootball1989
Thats not right it shokld say 2.3.6
0 Likes
NoJolt4U

hmmmmm I have been checking system updates for 2 weeks and I was on a i4 version cant remember the number.  Now today I am on i5 but still not gingerbread?   What should I expect to see that has changed with it?

0 Likes