AOL Email
rogerohio

In the last few days I am having trouble using the email app for my AOL email.  Every time I try to go to email, I get the following error message:  "The application Email (process com.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again".  Then I have to choose 'Force close' or 'Report'.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I've been reading my AOL email for a couple of years on the Droid with no  problems up until now.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: AOL Email
Not applicable

Rogerohio, I can certainly assist with your email issue on your Droid. Normally if you receive multiple force close errors on an application, that means that application has become corrupted in some way. I would suggest clearing cache/data from your Mail application. This will erase the email from your phone and you will need to set it up again. Nothing will be deleted from AOL. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Mail>Clear data/cache. Then setup the email again.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: AOL Email
imageek0264
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can try my FIX, below - it may help...

I feel your pain.

I have a Razr w/three AOL accts, one  Gmail account, one Yahoo acct & a corporate acct on my phone (...I knowwww !)

I bought the Razr on 02/18/2012. Over the holiday weekend, everything was awesome; however, once I got to work, the corp acct continued to work fine & the Gmail became spotty.  Yahoo was fine.  The AOL accts just flat stopped working.

I thought it may have been our firewall...

My error message was different from yours:

Connection error

The following error has prevented a successful connection: Unable to connect to imap.vzw.net.

[Connection timed out]

My options are: Settings & Retry.

When I chose settings, I found the passwords had been kicked out (so, hitting Retry would've been moot).

02/22/2012

Anyhoo, My FIX:

• I removed ALL email accts from my Razr.
  • I continued to use the Yahoo email client for my Yahoo address & reconfigured my Gmail address on the Gmail client.
  • I used the onboard corporate widget for my corporate email, but instead of using the onboard AOL client, I used "OTHER."

Right now, I'm still @ work & everything is working just fine.  I hope it continues Smiley Happy !

02/23/2012

Day two & everything is still working like a charm !

Good Luck!

0 Likes