About Fed Up
monstersmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, like many on here, have had numerous problems with my Charge. It squeals/squeaks randomly in my ear, at times I will only have static or it will distort the other person's voice. I cannot have a conversation longer than 3 minutes because the person I'm talking to will suddenly not be able to understand me or they cannot hear me at all or my phone just drops the call. Those are daily issues. I would say 1-3 times a week my phone has absolutely no service and I will need to restart it or it will freeze and I am forced to pull the battery. There are times I cannot get 4G, 3G or wifi unless I restart the stupid phone. There are days I restart my dang phone at least 6 times!

I went to Verizon today about my phone issues. They are sending me another phone (another Charge) and tried to give me some spiel about the phone isn't their responsibility and Verizon just provides the phone service. First of all, I cannot utilize the service properly with my current phone because of the above mentioned problems. Second, if you are going to sell a phone in your store with your company's name at the top, have the cojones to stand behind the product.  I was polite, but firm and the most I got out of the representative I talked to was a blank look and a lot of "okay". I explained that I work in emergency services, have a toddler and I'm pregnant. I have to be able to use my phone if I need it. Again, the response was a vacant look and an "okay..." This is the first time in the 12 years I've been with Verizon that I've been unhappy with the service and responses I've received. My husband is about ready to switch companies when his contract is up in July. If that happens, I will follow suit in March next year. I really hope the rep I talked to today is an  anomaly and Verizon  has not gone this far downhill in their customer service. I am less than thrilled that I am getting another Charge, but we shall see what happens. I'm mostly disappointed that the representative did not even act as if he wanted to help. He mostly just wanted to get rid of an unhappy customer and that is no way to do business. When a customer leaves unhappy, they tell everybody. I have always defended Verizon to others who have had issues, but maybe I was mistaken.

0 Likes
Re: About Fed Up
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

typical rant.  but, you certainly are entitled to a replacement device, and if this new one fails, they should give you another phone of your choice.

keep in mind that folks experience the same issues with all carriers and with all phones.  so your situation is not uncommon.  i have had better success when calling the tech support.  sometimes you have to keep calling until you get an answer you like.

hope the new device works for you.  but also keep in mind that the issue could also be related to a rogue app installed on your device or a VZW tower issue.  in either event, VZW should have successfully trouble-shooted this device for you, and if not, offer you a replacement.

0 Likes
monstersmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know he did his job. That's not really why I was angry. He must have told me "okay" 35 times in a ten minute conversation. I was annoyed by the fact that he obviously didn't really want to help me. That and the fact that he advised calling Samsung several times. Fine and dandy, but I've never had to contact the manufacturer before because in previous experiences Verizon stood behind the products they sold. I was told there is an individual in a nearby store who used to be tech support. He's the next one I'm going to if the new phone is an issue. I'm hoping it won't be, but not counting on it. Lol. How sad is that?

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

pretty sad.  sounds like the rep you spoke to knew nothing about phones, and only knew that if a customer complains, perform one of 2 tasks:

1.) refer them to the manufacturer

2.) offer them a replacement device

FWIW, I initially bought a used Charge (CPO) back in September.  I was content with it, but even happier after customizing it.  Sometimes the issue is with the bloatware that VZW forces on the phone that you cannot delete.

0 Likes