AccountSync Issue? Where did all my Apps go?
SBdrumz

Got several issues on my Dinc when I booted this morning. Here are all the symptoms I see:

1)None of my downloaded applications are recognized as installed-I only see the factory-installed apps in the app launcher
2)Settings->Accounts&Sync gets FC (com.htc.settings.accountsync)
3)Settings->Applications: While I do see all my downloaded apps in the list, the icons don't load for them, and when I click one, I get an FC on com.android.settings
4)Phone storage/SD Storage numbers look good
5)When I boot, the notification bar shows "Preparing phone storage", followed by "Preparing SD Storage" as it normally does, but the Sync icon only flashes for a second.

I'm running stock 2.1, no root...just a normal every day phone user. Was reading articles with the Time Magazine app prior to shutting down for the night. Had plenty of battery left, so I didn't even plug it in.

Any ideas?

-sb

0 Likes
Re: AccountSync Issue? Where did all my Apps go?
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

It seems as maybe you have downloaded a corrupt application or have a system settings error. The only fix currently is to perform a hard reset and wipe out all the settings. The steps for the hard reset are below:

Performing a factory reset via settings

• The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
  • Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
  • Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
  • On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons

• If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a
  • Factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
  • With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly
  • Press the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME
  • DOWN button.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
  • When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.

Once you have done this it should resolve your problems. Hope this helps

0 Likes